Live Scoring | OSU/Folds of Honor | Pairings | Individual Leaderboard
|2022 NCAA Ann Arbor Regional
|Course||University of Michigan Golf Course
|Format||Play 5, Count 4, Top Four Teams Advance
|Tee Times||18 Holes Wednesday: 8 a.m. Tee Times off Holes 1&10
|Teams (by seed)||San Jose State, Virginia, Michigan, Arkansas, UCF, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Washington, Ohio state, Pepperdine, Xavier, Oakland
|Live Scoring provided by Golfstat.com
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State is playing its best golf when it counts the most as the Buckeyes prepare for NCAA Regional competition in Lisa Strom’s first season as head coach in Columbus.
The Buckeyes won their final event of the regular season, the 2022 Lady Buckeye Invitational April 15-16 at the Ohio State University Golf Club, before a third-place finish at the Big Ten Championships April 22-23 at Fox Chapel Golf Club in Pittsburgh.
Individually, freshman Faith Choi finished second at the Big Ten Championships and senior Aneka Seumanutafa finished tied for fifth at the Lady Buckeye. Emily Hummer, a redshirt freshman, cracked the starting lineup for the Big Ten tournament after she finished tied for second overall at the Lady Buckeye playing as an individual.
Overall, Ohio State has appeared in NCAA Regional competitions 26 times, the last in 2019 in Cle Elum, Washington. The Buckeyes have advance to the NCAA Championships 22 times, the last being in 2018 in Stillwater, Okla.
This year, there are six regional sites with the Top 4 teams from each regional advancing to the national tournament at Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona, May 20-25. The top two individuals from each region not on one of the advancing teams also will move on to Arizona.
The Buckeyes are familiar with the University of Michigan Golf Course, where the 2021-22 season began for Ohio State. The Buckeyes finished tied for ninth overall in the 16-team field Sept. 13-14, 2021 at the Wolverine Invitational. Seumanutafa finished tied for the No. 8 spot individually at 3-over par (216).
- Ohio State’s lineup this week at the NCAA Ann Arbor Regional: Faith Choi, Aneka Seumanutafa, Emily Hummer, Alexis Phadungmartvorakul and Lauren Peter. Jillian Bourdage also will travel.
- Seumanutafa recently finished fifth overall at the 2022 U.S. Open Qualifier held at the Ohio State Golf Club Scarlet Course May 4. After 36 holes of competition, the Top 3 individuals qualified for the U.S. Open. The next two finishers will serve as alternates.
- Ohio State shot the best round of the day (287) over the final 18 holes to claim third-place at the 2022 Big Ten Championships at Fox Chapel GC in Pittsburgh April 22-24. Choi shot a career-best 4-under 67 on the final day to move up the leaderboard to claim the silver medalist honor.
- In the final regular-season event of the 2021-22 season, the Buckeyes won for the 16th time in the 40-year history of the Lady Buckeye Invitational at the Ohio State Golf Club Scarlet Course. Seumanutafa finished tied for the No. 5 spot and, playing as an individual, Hummer tied for second overall. Hummer was named the Big Ten Golfer of the Week for her accomplishment.
- The Buckeyes finished in the No. 7 spot in the Ironwood Invite in Greenville, North Carolina. Seumanutafa shot three-consecutive rounds of 73 (219) to tie for the No. 15 spot individually. That effort earned her the Big Ten Golf of the Week honor.
- Seumanutafa played in the 2022 Augusta National Women’s Amateur in March. She finished at 10-over following the two qualifying rounds with scores of 73-81.
- Ohio State was the host school for the 26th time at the 2022 Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge in Palos Verdes Estates, California. The Buckeyes finished 14th in the field that included 10 teams ranked among the Top 20. Individually, Jillian Bourdage tied for the No. 38 spot at 9-over 222.
- The 2023 Northrop Grumman event will be renamed the Therese Hession Regional Challenge presented by Northrop Grumman in honor of the legendary Ohio State coach, who retired last January.
- Choi led the Buckeyes with a final round 68 at the Westbrook Invitational in Peoria, Arizona. She shot 1-under for the tournament to finish tied for 17th in the individual standings. The Buckeyes moved up the leaderboard on the final day, shooting 282, to move up five spots to complete the event tied for the No. 6 spot.
- Peter paced the Buckeyes at the UCF Challenge finishing tied for the No. 30 spot Feb. 6-8 in Orlando Florida.
- Seumanutafa and Bourdage each won all-three rounds of match play at the 2022 Big Ten Match Play event hosted by the Buckeyes Jan. 31-Feb. 1 in Palm Harbor, Florida. The Buckeyes went 2-1 to finish third in the 2022 Big Ten Match Play event, the first spring event of the season for the Buckeyes.
- In the final fall event as a team, the Buckeyes played at the Tar Heel Invitational. Seumanutafa was the top Ohio State individual, carding a three-round total of 215 (1-), which was tied for the No. 21 spot.
- Jan. 7, 2022 marked the end of an era in Ohio State women’s golf history with the retirement of longtime head coach Therese Hession, who coached the Buckeyes for 30 years. For more go HERE.
- During the fall signing period, first year head coach Lisa Strom announced the signing of New Albany (Ohio) star Kary Hollenbaugh. She helped her high school team to four-consecutive state titles.
- In early December of 2021, former Ohio State great Kristen White was inducted into the WGCA Players Hall of Fame.
- The Buckeyes played host to the Barbara Nicklaus Cup at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio, last fall. The unique event paired men’s and women’s teams from Arizona State, Auburn, Florida State and Ohio State in both mixed foursome and singles matches. FSU claimed the inaugural title in the event. For more go HERE.
- Rachel Rohanna, who starred with the Buckeyes from 2010-12, was awarded a card for the LPGA Tour in 2022 after finishing in the Top 10 on the Symetra Tour money list in 2021. For more on Rohanna’s accomplishments go HERE.
- The Buckeyes are participating in the Folds of Honor program this year to honor military heros lost or wounded in action. Each week a member of the Buckeyes will carry a bag that will be auctioned after the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program. This week Faith Choi will carry the designated golf bag at the NCAA Regional. The player carrying the bag each week will be indicated by (FOH) on the pretournament lineup graphic.
- The weather forecast for the 2022 NCAA Ann Arbor Regional , calls for partly cloudy skies all three days with temperatures in the high 60s Monday, and in the 70s Tuesday and Wednesday. Only a slight chance of rain is predicted throughout the event.