Ohio State at 2022 USA Championships
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2022 through Sunday, June 26, 2022
Time: All Day
Venue: Hayward Field (Eugene, Ore.)
Meet information: TV Schedule | Tickets | Schedule
Roster: Ohio State (women) (men)
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Four Buckeyes will represent the Ohio State track & field program in five events at the 2022 USA Outdoor Championships in Eugene, Ore. this week. The USA Championships will be held at Hayward Field, the same field that hosted the NCAA Outdoor Championships a few weeks ago.
Anavia Battle will be competing in the 100m and 200m, while Tyler Johnson will run the 400m. On the field side, Jaimie Robinson is scheduled to compete in the triple jump and Adelaide Aquilla in the shot put. Battle is the first to begin competition with the first round of the 100m on Thursday at 8:15 p.m. ET.
- Aquilla was named one of 10 semifinalists nationally for The Bowerman on Monday.
- The Buckeyes hired Rosalind Joseph (’06) to be the new director of track & field and cross country on June 14, following the retirement of Karen Dennis.
- Dennis was named Great Lakes Regional Coach of the Year on both the men’s and women’s sides.
- Joel Brown earned Assistant Regional Coach of the Year honors on both sides.
- Ohio State nearly swept the Great Lakes Regional awards as Hayden Tobias was named Men’s Field Athlete of the Year, Battle was named Women’s Track Athlete of the Year and Aquilla was named Women’s Field Athlete of the Year.
- Aquilla and Battle were also named Big Ten Athletes of the Year.
- Aquilla defended her NCAA outdoor shot put title by breaking the collegiate record and her own program record with a best throw of 19.64m. She had the top-four throws in the competition and beat the runner-up by more than one meter.
- Battle was third at the NCAA Championships in the 200m (22.33) with her second-fastest wind-legal time of the season. Battle broke her own program record in the 200m semifinals and also competed in the 100m semifinals.
- Tyler Johnson finished eighth in the 400m at the NCAA Championships (45.83).
- At the NCAA Championships, Robinson finished 12thin the triple jump (13.14m), improving her mark in each of her three jumps.