ADDITIONAL INFO: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium | Men’s Lacrosse Tickets | Stadium Policies | Schedule | Roster
No. 15 Ohio State vs. Detroit Mercy
Date: Tuesday, March 14
Time: 7 p.m. ET
Venue: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Rosters: Ohio State | Detroit Mercy
Stats: Ohio State | Detroit Mercy
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 15 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team will play its first game under the lights at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium this week when it hosts Detroit Mercy at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 14.
The game between the Buckeyes (3-3) and Titans (0-3) will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required). Live stats will be available at OhioStateStats.com and Twitter updates at @OhioStateMLAX.
Tickets for Tuesday’s matchup can be purchased HERE.
Briefly on the Buckeyes
- The team is led in scoring by Jack Myers, who has 19 points on the year. The Buckeyes’ goal leader is Ed Shean with 14 tallies. Myers has also recorded a team-high 11 assists.
- After recording an assist against Notre Dame, Shean extends his point streak to eight games. Over the streak, he has recorded 18 points on 15 goals and three assists.
- On the faceoff, Drew Blanchard has recorded a team-high .598 (70-117) win percentage. He is third in the category among Big Ten players. The graduate student also ranks fourth in the league with 4.67 ground balls per game.
- Fifth-year Skylar Wahlund has seen majority of the minutes in goal for Ohio State this season, earning a .500 save percentage with 67 saves on the year.
- Ohio State was picked 15th in this week’s USILA coaches’ poll. The team also received a No. 14 ranking in the Inside Lacrosse media poll.
- The Buckeyes are 3-1 at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium this season, with wins over Air Force, Cleveland State and North Carolina. The team will play three two more home games in addition to Tuesday’s game against Detroit Mercy – against Rutgers on March 26 and against Maryland on April 7.
Last Time Out
- Ohio State completed a three-game stretch against top-three ranked opponents with a matchup at No. 2 Notre Dame last Saturday.
- The Buckeyes fell to the Fighting Irish, 16-3.
- Jason Knox, Mitchell Pehlke and Dillon Magee scored for Ohio State while goaltender Skylar Wahlund made 14 saves.
History vs. Detroit Mercy
- Ohio State has a 10-1 record against Detroit Mercy in the all-time series and a 9-0 record when playing in Columbus.
- In the last meeting, the Buckeyes earned an 18-7 win over the Titans in the last game at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center.
- Tuesday’s game is the first time in series history that the teams will play outside in Columbus.
Ohio State plays its final non-conference matchup of the regular season this weekend, meeting No. __ Denver at Peter Barton Lacrosse Stadium on Sunday. The Buckeyes and Pioneers face off at 2 p.m. ET. The game will be streamed on DenverPioneers.com.
Ohio State Men’s Lacrosse Tickets
To purchase tickets and/or for more information on Ohio State men’s lacrosse tickets, click HERE. For information on group tickets and experiences, contact the Ohio State Athletic Ticket Sales Team at 1-800-GOBUCKS or email Athletic.email@example.com to speak with an account executive.