No. 6 Ohio State at NCAA Championships
Dates: Friday, April 15, 2022 and Saturday, April 16, 2022
Venue: Lloyd Noble Center (Norman, Okla.)
Time: 8:00 p.m. ET on Friday (qualifying) and 7:00 p.m. ET on Saturday (finals)
Meet: Championship Central | Live Results | Streams
Roster: Ohio State
Ohio State 2022 Scores and Statistics
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 6 Ohio State men’s gymnastics team travels to Norman, Okla. for the 2022 NCAA Championships this weekend. The Buckeyes compete in the second session of qualifiers on Friday, beginning at 8 p.m. ET. Saturday’s finals begin at 7 p.m. ET. All sessions will be broadcast live on soonersports.com with individual links for each event.
- OSU ranks in the top six in the nation as a team in four events (based on the national qualifying average) – fourth on floor (68.163), fourth on rings (67.225), sixth on pommel horse (65.500) and sixth on vault (71.263).
- Ohio State earned a share of the Big Ten regular season championship for the first time in program history after the conference began awarding a regular season title in 2019. The Buckeyes went 3-1 in Big Ten dual meets this season, beating Michigan, Nebraska and Penn State.
- Team captain Dexter Roettker was named a Big Ten Sportsmanship Award Honoree.
- The Buckeyes finished third as a team at the Big Ten Championships, totaling 402.700 points. Ohio State had its best team score of the season on both rings (68.550) and parallel bars (68.050).
- Kameron Nelson and team captain Jesse Tyndall earned spots on the All-Big Ten First Team, while Roettker and Donovan Hewitt were named to the All-Big Ten Second Team.
- Nelson won the individual Big Ten vault championship with a career-best 14.800 and a stuck landing. Roettker was the runner-up after earning a 14.625.
- Tyndall finished as the runner-up in the all-around competition with a score of 82.600. He had his season-best score on vault (14.100) and stuck his dismount on parallel bars and high bar.
- Hewitt finished in a tie for third on rings (14.050).
Individual Top-10 Rankings By National-Qualifying Average (roadtonationals.com)
- Second – Jesse Tyndall (14.113)
- Sixth – Kameron Nelson (13.963)
- Seventh – Trevor Cummings (13.825)
- Second – Donovan Hewitt (14.225)
- 10th – Jesse Tyndall (13.938)
- Third – Dexter Roettker (14.694)
- 10th – Kameron Nelson (14.525)
- 10th – Jesse Tyndall (13.900)
- Fourth – Jesse Tyndall (13.838)