No. 1/2 Ohio State vs. No. 4 Colgate
Date: Nov. 22/23, 2022
Time: 6 p.m. ET/ 3 p.m. ET
Venue: OSU Ice Rink
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Game Notes: Ohio State | Colgate
Rosters: Ohio State |Colgate
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 1/2 Ohio State women’s hockey team closes its 2022 home schedule this week with a top-four matchup against No. 4 Colgate on Nov. 22-23 at the OSU Ice Rink. The nonconference series between the Buckeyes (12-1-1, 12-1-1 WCHA) and Raiders (13-1-0, 4-1-0 ECAC) is set for 6 p.m. Tuesday and 3 p.m. Wednesday.
Both games will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required). Admission and parking for Ohio State women’s hockey games are free.
Buckeyes in a Nutshell
- In the sweep of Bemidji State, Sophie Jaques recorded four points to bring her career total to 130 points. She is now the Ohio State record holder for career points as a defenseman. She also moves up to eighth in career points by any Buckeye.
- Jaques is the top power play scorer in the country with six power play goals on the year. She leads all skaters by a two-goal margin. She is also tied for the most goals scored this season (13).
- Ohio State remains first in the nation on the power play (.355). The team’s penalty kill percentage is .849 after 14 games.
- Emma Maltais continues to lead the Buckeyes with 13 assists so far this season. With 116 career helpers, she is just seven assists away from matching the program record 123 career assists held by Laura McIntosh (‘09-12).
- Jenna Buglioni led the Buckeyes with five points against Bemidji State this weekend. She recorded a team high four assists against the Beavers.
- Graduate forward Paetyn Levis is just four points away from 100 for her career. She would become the 15th player in program history to join the century club. She tallied three points against the Beavers this weekend to give herself 39 goals and 57 points for 96 career points.
- Ohio State’s goaltending corps. has combined for a .904 save percentage. Amanda Thiele leads the group with an 8-1-0 record. She’s earned a .896 save percentage and a 1.89 goals against average. Raygan Kirk owns a 3-0-1 record, .903 save percentage and a 1.72 goals against average. Quinn Kuntz rounds out the group with a 1-0-0 record and saving all 16 shots she’s faced this year.
- This week’s series against No. 4 Colgate is the third ranked op the Buckeyes will played this season. The team is 2-1-1 against ranked opponents this year.
- Ohio State has scored first in 10 of the 14 games this season and is undefeated when first on the board.
Series History – Buckeyes vs. Raiders
- This week’s series between Ohio State and Colgate marks just the fifth and sixth meetings between the two programs.
- Ohio State leads the series with a 2-1-1 record.
- In the last meeting between the teams, Ohio State won game one, 6-2, and tied the second, 1-1, at Colgate.
- The first meeting was held in the 2018-19 season in Columbus, with the teams splitting the series. Ohio State took game one, 4-3, while Colgate won the second, 5-2.
Buckeyes Around the World
- Five Buckeyes played in the November games of the 2022-23 Rivalry Series between the United States and Canada, including Riley Brengman, Clair DeGeorge, Jincy Dunne, Emma Maltais and Gabby Rosenthal.
- In her first game with the USWNT, Brengman tallied her first point with an assist on the team’s first goal of the 4-3 win. Dunne also added two assists for Team USA in three games while Canada’s Emma Maltais added a helper in the first game.
- On the other side of the world, Buckeyes Sara Saekkinen and Sofie Lundin played for their respective countries in the Five Nations Tournament.
- Saekkinen, who tallied one assist, helped Finland finish first in the tournament that was held on home soil. Recording one goal and five assists, Lundin finished second with Team Sweden.
The Buckeyes close out the first half of the season with three road matchups. Ohio State travels to Duluth, Minn. for a rematch against Minnesota Duluth on Dec. 2-3. Puck drop is set for 4 p.m. ET for both games and Friday’s game will air on the Big Ten Network.