Final Stats / Season Stats / Photo Gallery / 2022 Schedule & Results / 2022 Roster
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State softball team (31-13, 11-8 Big Ten) earned a 5-4 win against Nebraska (34-13, 14-4 Big Ten) on Saturday afternoon to claim the series victory.
Kaitlyn Coffman hit a three-run home run as a pinch hitter in the bottom of the fourth inning, while Sam Hackenbracht finished 3-of-4 with two RBI – including the walk-off game-winner.
The Short Story
The game was scoreless through the first three innings. While the Huskers got onto the scoreboard first, the Buckeyes held the 4-3 advantage heading into the seventh inning. Nebraska tied the game at four with a solo home run in the top of the seventh but an RBI single from the bat of Hackenbracht walked it off for Ohio State in the bottom of the seventh.
How the Runs Were Scored
- In the top of the fourth, Nebraska scored from third on a chase down for the final out of the inning after having runners on the corners with two outs.
- Kailyn Coffman hit a three-run home run after entering the game to pinch hit with two outs in the bottom of the fourth inning. Niki Carver led off the inning with a single and McKenzie Bump singled on a bunt. Runners ended up on the corners from a fielder’s choice play that saw Kami Kortokrax safe on first.
- The Huskers tied the game at three runs with a two-run home run in the top of the fifth.
- Ohio State scored in the bottom of the fifth to take a 4-3 lead. After a lead-off single, Nebraska changed pitchers. Hackenbracht hit an RBI single to score Melina Wilkison.
- Nebraska tied the game in the top of the seventh with a lead-off home run.
- The Buckeyes walked it off with an RBI single from Hackenbracht to score Wilkison from second.
This and That
- This is the Buckeyes’ fourth series win against a Big Ten opponent this season.
- This marks Carver’s 15th-consecutive game reaching base.
- Kortokrax extends her hitting streak to six games.
- This is Coffman’s second home run of the season.
- This is Hackenbracht’s 14th multi-hit game and 14th multi-RBI game of the season.
- This is Wilkison’s 13th multi-hit game and Jaycee Ruberti’s eighth multi-hit game of the season.
The Buckeyes wrap up their home schedule against Nebraska on Sunday at 12 p.m. The game will be broadcast live on B1G+.
For schedule updates, follow Ohio State softball on Twitter at @OhioStateSB and bookmark the softball schedule page at OhioStateBuckeyes.com.