Ohio State vs. Charleston, Central State
Dates: Jan. 7-8
Time: 7 p.m. (Both Dates)
Venue: Covelli Center (3,700) | Game Day Reminders
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Charleston | Central State
Rosters: Ohio State | Charleston | Central State
Season Stats: Ohio State | Charleston | Central State
|Important Game Day Reminders -- Covelli Center
|Concessions will be closed at all university-related athletics events.
|Water will be available.
|Fans will not be permitted to bring food/beverage into athletics facilities.
|The Ohio State Athletics Department will continue to monitor and evaluate this policy moving forward and communicate any changes when applicable.
|The Ohio State University and City of Columbus policies require wearing of masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status, for all faculty, staff and guests.
|• The department requires patrons at our events to wear your mask at all times for your own safety and for the health, safety and well-being of others, including our student-athletes, campus community and visitors.
|The Ohio State University and the Department of Athletics encourage individuals to get vaccinated, boostered and to continue safety protocols.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Kevin Burch begins his third season as head coach of the Ohio State men’s volleyball team when the Buckeyes open the 2022 campaign at 7 p.m. Friday vs. Charleston at the Covelli Center in Columbus.
Charleston will take on Central State at 1 p.m. Saturday before the Buckeyes play Central State at 7 p.m. to close out the weekend.
- The Buckeyes and Charleston have met twice previously with Ohio State winning both matchups. The last meeting was Jan. 4, 2019 at St. John Arena in Columbus, a 3-0 win for the Buckeyes.
- OSU vs. Charleston, 2-0
2/2/18 A W 3-0 25-17, 25-9, 25-23
1/4/19 H W 3-0 25-17, 25-18, 25-15
- Ohio State and Central State are meeting for the first time.
- The Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association coaches picked the Buckeyes to finished in the No. 3 spots in the annual preseaon poll.
- A pair of Buckeyes made the preseason All-MIVA squad. Senior Martin Lallemand and sophomore Sotiris Siapanis, both outside hitters, are representing the Buckeyes in the squad.
- Siapanis also was recognized as a preseason second team All-American by Off the Block. Siapanis, a 2021 Honorable Mention All-American (NVA/AVCA), was the the 2021 MIVA Newcomer of the Year and a First Team All-MIVA selection.
- Kevin Burch, now in his third year as Ohio State head coach, added four student-athletes to the roster for the 2023 season on National Signing Day in November. Dan Hurley (6-8/OH), Jack O’Riodan (6-8/OH), Shane Wetzel (6-7/OPP) and Niko Williams (6-6/S) all signed their National Letters of Intent.
- Steven Kehoe (2008-11) was inducted into the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame during ceremonies last fall. The former setter also earned Ohio State’s Male Athlete of the Year Award in 2011. Kehoe remains ranked among the Top 10 in school history for career assists (4,012), digs (595) and aces (97).
- Burch has compiled a record of 20-18 over two seasons as head coach in Columbus.
- Up Next: The Buckeyes play St. Francis Jan. 12 at the Covelli Center with first serve scheduled for 7 p.m.