Box Score | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
TEMPE, Ariz. – The Ohio State softball team (9-9) closed the ASU Invitational with a 10-2 five-inning win over Lehigh (7-8) on Monday afternoon at Farrington Stadium. The Buckeyes went 3-2 during the tournament.
IN THE CIRCLE
RHP Payton Buresch (7-4) registered her eighth complete game of the season. She held the Mountain Hawks to five hits and two runs in five innings of work. She also struck out five batters, with 57 of her 75 pitches coming in as strikes.
- The Buckeyes quickly got the ball rolling in the opening frame with four runs on four hits.
- Meg Otte had a leadoff single, stole second and made her way to third on a throwing error. Avery Clark walked and stole a base to set up Ashley Prange, who had a RBI single to right field. Prange’s steal had runners in scoring position and Niki Carver drove the pair in with a double to left center. Sam Hackenbracht’s RBI single capped off the scoring run.
- Jaelynn Chesson responded for the Mountain Hawks in the bottom of second on a solo homer.
- Ohio State extended its lead to 10-1 in the fourth. With the bases loaded, a pitch hit Carver and two more runs were walked in while another was scored on a wild pitch.
- Chesson went yard for a second time in the home half of the fourth for the final 10-2 tally.
- Ohio State had a season-high five stolen bases.
- It was the second run-rule win for the Buckeyes at the ASU Invitational.
- Sam Hackenbracht drove in a career-high four runs.
- Ashley Prange and Hackenbracht were both 2-for-2. Prange also scored twice and had one RBI.
- Niki Carver finished with three runs, three RBI and one hit.
Ohio State stays in Arizona for the remainder of Spring Break to take part in the GCU Invitational March 13-15.