No. 15 Ohio State vs. Quincy, Lindenwood
Dates: Feb. 24, 25
Time: 7 p.m. (ET)/7 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Covelli Center (3,700) | Masks Required-Concessions Available
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Quincy | Lindenwood | MIVA
Rosters: Ohio State | Quincy | Lindenwood
Season Stats: Ohio State | Quincy | Lindenwood | MIVA | NCAA
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 15 Ohio State Men’s Volleyball team (5-6, 1-3) is in the middle of a seven-game homestand with matches vs. Quincy (3-7, 0-4) Thursday and against Lindenwood (3-6, 1-3) Friday at the Covelli Center. First serve is 7 p.m. for both matches.
The Buckeyes split a pair of Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association games vs. Loyola Chicago (L, 2-3) and Purdue Fort Wayne (W, 3-0) last week.
Sophomore Jacob Pasteur leads the Buckeyes with 154 kills, 19 aces, 30 blocks and 190 points on the year.
- The Buckeyes are 63-4 all-time vs. Quincy, including a 36-0 record at home. The teams last played a year ago in Quincy on back-to-back dates (April 2,3). Each team won once (OSU W, 3-0, April 2/QU W 3-2, April 3). Against Lindenwood, the Buckeyes won both matches by 3-0 scores a year ago in Columbus March 26 and 27. Overall, Ohio State is 14-3 all-time vs. Lindenwood, with a 7-1 record in Columbus.
- Ohio State is 467-139 all-time in Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association regular-season competition. The Buckeyes own 27 MIVA championships and 17 MIVA Tournament titles.
- Prior to traveling to McKendree and Lewis Feb. 11 and 13, Ohio State had last played Jan. 29 at UC Santa Barbara (L, 1-3) two days following a loss (1-3) to now No. 2 Long Beach State, also on the road. Two home games scheduled Feb. 4-5 vs. Mount Olive were canceled because of winter travel concerns.
- Five of Ohio State’s six losses this year have come on the road in California to current Top 10 teams: No. 2 LBS, No. 1 UCLA and No. 6 UCSB and then at McKendree and at No. 10 Lewis in the first two MIVA games of the year. The Buckeyes own a win (3-1) over current No. 5 Southern California at the B1G/Pac-12 Challenge.
- Ohio State split vs. then-No. 2 UCLA (L, 3-2) and No. 12 Southern California (W, 3-1) at the B1G/Pac-12 Challenge at Pauley Pavilion on the UCLA campus.
- Ohio State opened the season with a pair of 3-0 wins over Central State Jan. 7-8. Jacob Pasteur led with 18 kills in the wins. He also recorded team highs in aces (6) and blocks (7).
- Martin Lallemand was named the Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association Offensive Player of the Week Jan. 9. He had 15 kills, three aces, five digs and hit .357 in the wins over the Marauders.
- Lallemand has 661 career kills as a Buckeye. He will need 144 more to crack the Top 20 in Ohio State history. David Frette holds the No. 20 position all-time with 805 from 1989-91.
- The MIVA coaches picked the Buckeyes at No. 3 in the annual preseason poll.
- A pair of Buckeyes made the preseason All-MIVA squad. Senior Martin Lallemand and sophomore Sotiris Siapanis, both outside hitters, represent the Buckeyes.
- Siapanis also was recognized as a preseason second team All-American by Off the Block. Siapanis, a 2021 Honorable Mention All-American (NVA/AVCA), was the 2021 MIVA Newcomer of the Year and a First Team All-MIVA selection.
- Kevin Burch, now in his third year as Ohio State head coach, added four student-athletes to the roster for the 2023 season on National Signing Day in November. Dan Hurley (6-8/OH), Jack O’Riodan (6-8/OH), Shane Wetzel (6-7/OPP) and Niko Williams (6-6/S) all signed their National Letters of Intent.
- Steven Kehoe (2008-11) was inducted into the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame during ceremonies last fall. The former setter also earned Ohio State’s Male Athlete of the Year Award in 2011. Kehoe remains ranked among the Top 10 in school history for career assists (4,012), digs (595) and aces (97).
- Burch has a record of 25-24 over three seasons as head coach in Columbus.