Dates: October 3-4, 2022
Course: Maidstone Club – East Hampton, N.Y.
Par/Yardage: Par 72 — 6,665 yards
Live Scoring: Golfstat
Format: Play 5, Count 4
Tee Times: Tee times from 7:45-9:15 off Nos. 1 and 10 both days
Teams: Loyola Maryland, Georgetown, Kentucky, Ohio State, Oregon State, Penn, Princeton,
Utah, Virginia, Yale
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Coming off a solid showing last week at the Inverness Intercollegiate, Ohio State gets right back at it this week as the Buckeyes head to the Hamptons for the Hamptons Intercollegiate on Monday and Tuesday. The 54-hole event will be played at the exclusive Maidstone Club with 36 holes scheduled for Monday and 18 holes on Tuesday.
- Ohio State’s lineup this week will feature Maxwell Moldovan, Adam Wallin, Topher Reed, Neal Shipley, and Jackson Chandler. Joe Wilson IV will play this week as an individual.
- This is the fourth year of the Hamptons Intercollegiate and the first time Ohio State has participated in the event.
- Moldovan has opened the season with back-to-back under-par events and a pair of Top 15 finishes. He was 13th at the season-opening Frederica Cup when he posted a 10-under par and was third last week at Inverness following rounds of 68-69-74 (-2). He now has 28 rounds in the 60s which is the most in program history.
- Adam Wallin hasn’t shot a round higher than 73 in his six rounds this season. He is averaging 72.47 and is coming on a Top 20 at Inverness last week.
- Reed made his collegiate debut last week at Inverness and carded solid rounds of 74-73-74 in breezy, cool conditions to tie for 33rd. This is his first event in the scoring lineup.
- Chandler had a good start to the season as he shot a career-best 7-under 209 to finish in 19th at the Frederica Cup. He shot rounds of 70-69-70, marking the first event of his career with three under-par rounds.
- Shipley made his Buckeye debut at the Fredrica Cup and all he did was tie his career-best round and career-best 54-hole score. He shot a 67 in round 2 and finished the tournament at 10—under par.
- Wilson IV posted a pair of 74s last week at Inverness in his collegiate debut.
- Temperatures will be around 60 on both Monday and Tuesday and remnants a Hurricane Ian are hanging around the coast. That may bring some rain during Tuesday’s final round.