Ohio State at Lindenwood, Quincy
Dates: March 25, 26
Times: 8 p.m. (ET)/8 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Hyland Arena/Pepsi Center
Watch: at Lindenwood / at Quincy
Live Stats: at Lindenwood / at Quincy
Game Notes: Ohio State | Quincy | Lindenwood | MIVA
Rosters: Ohio State | Quincy | Lindenwood
Season Stats: Ohio State | Quincy | Lindenwood | MIVA | NCAA
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Buckeyes will complete the season series with both Lindenwood (7-8, 3-5 MIVA) and Quincy (4-12, 0-8) this weekend on the road. Ohio State (9-11, 3-5) takes on Lindenwood in St. Charles, Missouri at 8 p.m. Friday and then travels to Quincy, Illinois, for a tussle with the Hawks at 8 p.m. Saturday.
The Buckeyes swept matches against both in Columbus, 3-0.
- The Buckeyes are 64-4 all-time vs. Quincy, including a 27-4 record at Quincy. Against Lindenwood, Ohio State is 15-3 all-time, with a 7-2 record in St. Charles.
- Ohio State is led by sophomore Jacob Pasteur’s 287 kills, 28 aces and 339.0 points. He is second with 42 blocks. Cole Young leads with 48.
Ohio State is 469-141 all-time in Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association regular-season competition. The Buckeyes own 27 MIVA championships and 17 MIVA Tournament titles.
- The Buckeyes swept both Quincy and Lindenwood, 3-0, in Columbus (Feb. 24/25)to even their MIVA record at 3-3. Ohio State swept Lincoln Memorial in a pair of games (3-0) before the Buckeyes fell at home to Penn State (3-0) and then on road to St. Francis (3-1) and in the rematch with the Nittany Lions (3-1).
- Sophomore Jacob Pasteur led the Buckeyes hitting .596 with 31 kills and just three errors to earn the MIVA Offensive Player of the Week (3/1/22) following the wins over Quincy and Lindenwood.
- Prior to traveling to McKendree and Lewis Feb. 11 and 13, Ohio State had last played Jan. 29 at UC Santa Barbara (L, 1-3) two days following a loss (1-3) to now No. 2 Long Beach State, also on the road. Two home games scheduled Feb. 4-5 vs. Mount Olive were canceled because of winter travel concerns.
- The majority of Ohio State’s losses have come to teams currently ranked among the Top 15 nationally. No. 1 UCLA, No. 2 Penn State (2), No. 3 Long Beach State, No. 6 UC Santa Barbara, No. 8 Ball State (2), No. 11 Loyola Chicago and No. 12 Lewis account for nine of Ohio State’s losses this season. The Buckeyes own a win over No. 5 USC.
- Ohio State split vs. then-No. 2 UCLA (L, 3-2) and No. 12 Southern California (W, 3-1) at the B1G/Pac-12 Challenge at Pauley Pavilion on the UCLA campus.
- Ohio State opened the season with a pair of 3-0 wins over Central State Jan. 7-8. Pasteur led with 18 kills in the wins. He also recorded team highs in aces (6) and blocks (7).
- Martin Lallemand was named the MIVA Offensive Player of the Week Jan. 9. He had 15 kills, three aces, five digs and hit .357 in the wins over the Marauders.
- Lallemand has 722 career kills as a Buckeye. He will need 83 more to crack the Top 20 in Ohio State history. David Frette holds the No. 20 position all-time with 805 from 1989-91.
- The MIVA coaches picked the Buckeyes at No. 3 in the annual preseason poll.
A pair of Buckeyes made the preseason All-MIVA squad. Senior Martin Lallemand and sophomore Sotiris Siapanis, both outside hitters, represented the Buckeyes.
- Siapanis also was recognized as a preseason second team All-American by Off the Block. Siapanis, a 2021 Honorable Mention All-American (NVA/AVCA), was the 2021 MIVA Newcomer of the Year and a First Team All-MIVA selection.
- Kevin Burch, now in his third year as Ohio State head coach, added four student-athletes to the roster for the 2023 season on National Signing Day in November. Dan Hurley (6-8/OH), Jack O’Riodan (6-8/OH), Shane Wetzel (6-7/OPP) and Niko Williams (6-6/S) all signed their National Letters of Intent.
- Steven Kehoe (2008-11) was inducted into the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame during ceremonies last fall. The former setter also earned Ohio State’s Male Athlete of the Year Award in 2011. Kehoe remains ranked among the Top 10 in school history for career assists (4,012), digs (595) and aces (97).
- Burch has a record of 29-29 over three seasons as head coach in Columbus.