NCAA Columbus Regional
Dates: May 16-18, 2022
Course: Scarlet Course at The OSU Golf Club – Columbus, Ohio
Par/Yardage: Par 71 – 7,422 yards
Live Scoring: Golfstat
Tee Times: Tee times off 1st and 10th tees beginning at 7:30 a.m. each day
Teams: Arkansas, Clemson, Duke, East Tennessee State, Florida Gulf Coast, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Northwestern, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, San Francisco, Southern Illinois, Wright State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State has a big opportunity ahead of this upcoming week as the Buckeyes will play in the NCAA Columbus Regional on their home course. The Top 5 teams and top individual not on one of those teams will advance to the NCAA Championship at the Grayhawk Golf Club later this month. The Buckeyes are the No. 6 seed in the 13-team field and will begin play at 8 a.m. Monday morning off the 10th tee.
- Ohio State’s lineup this week is Patrick Schmucking, Maxwell Modovan, Adam Wallin, JonErik Alford and Jackson Chandler.
- The Top 5 teams and top individual not on one of those teams will advance to the NCAA Championship at the Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz., on May 27-June 1.
- The Buckeyes advanced past the NCAA Regional 10 times since the NCAA switched to the regional format.
- The last time the Buckeyes qualified for the NCAA Championship was in 2019 when they were runner-up at the Myrtle Beach Regional. They went on to finish 13th at the NCAA Championships in Arkansas.
- Last season, Ohio State finished sixth at the Tallahassee Regional, just two shots out of qualifying. Maxwell Moldovan led the way as he tied for 17th following three rounds of 1-under 71.
- Ohio State had a great spring, finishing in the Top 6 in six of the seven events. That included a win at the Southern Invitational and have had four medalists this spring.
- Moldovan has been great this year. He has three wins this spring, including a two-shot victory at the Robert Kepler Intercollegiate. The unanimous first team All-Big Ten honoree leads the team with a 70.70 scoring average and has posted 14 rounds in the 60s this season.
- Adam Wallin is second on the team in scoring at 71.85 and has 10 rounds in the 60s. He earned second team All-Big Ten accolades and boasts seven Top 20 finishes on the year.
- Patrick Schmucking won qualifying this week. He comes in with a 73.93 scoring over through nine events.
- JonErik Alford has had a solid spring, notching three Top 25 finishes in seven events. He is tied with Schmucking with a 73.93 scoring average across 29 rounds.
- Jackson Chandler is back in the lineup after not playing in the Big Ten Championship two weeks ago. He has a pair of Top 10 finishes, including a seventh-place finish at the Southern Invitational. He is third on the team in scoring at 73.52 and has 11 rounds at par or better.