Barbara Nicklaus Cup
Dates: Oct. 4-5, 2021
Course: Muirfield Village Golf Club – Dublin, Ohio
Par: Par 72
Live Scoring: Golfstat
Format: Match Play – Mixed Foursomes & Singles
Tee Times: Monday: Session 1 – 8 a.m. | Session 2 – 1:40 p.m.
Tuesday: Session 3 – 8 a.m.
Teams: Arizona State, Auburn, Florida State, Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – In perhaps the most unique event of the college golf season, Ohio State will play host to the Barbara Nicklaus Cup on Monday and Tuesday at famed Muirfield Village Golf Club. Members of the men’s and women’s teams will join together for a match play event that will include mixed foursomes and singles matches.
Each session will include four mixed foursomes matches and four singles matches for a total of eight points per match. At the end of the third session, the school with the most points will win the event. Ohio State will play Arizona State in Session 1 on Monday morning, Florida State in Session 2 on Monday afternoon and Auburn in Session 3 on Tuesday morning. Barbara Nicklaus will serve as the starter on both the 1st and 10th tees on Tuesday.
Admission is free for the event and fans are encouraged to attend.
- The 12 players competing for Ohio State this week are Aneka Seumanutafa, Jillian Bourdage, Kristin Jamieson, Lauren Peter, Faith Choi and Kailie Vongsaga for the women and Maxwell Moldovan, Patrick Schmucking, Jackson Chandler, Marco Steyn, Adam Wallin and JonErik Alford for the men.
- That Buckeyes are coming off back-to-back 7th places at the Maridoe Invitational and Windon Memorial the last two weeks.
- Moldovan has led the way individually with a pair of Top 10 finishes and a 70.89 scoring average.
- Schmucking and Chandler have each notched four rounds of better this season.
- This will be the final event of the fall for the men.
- The women posted back-to-back rounds under par to finish tied for the No. 6 spot at the Mason Rudolph Championship in Franklin, Tennessee (Sept. 24-26). The Buckeyes shot 2-under as a team for a score of 286 on the final day after posting a 1-under 287 in Round 2 of the event. Ohio State carded and 866 (293-287-286/+2) over the three-day event. The two team rounds under par were the first for Lisa Strom as head coach of the Buckeyes.
- Seumanutafa leads the Buckeyes with a 71.0 scoring average over the first six rounds of the season. She has scored in the 60s twice and has shot four rounds below par. Bourdage is second with a 72.83 average with two subpar rounds to date. Both Seumanutafa and Bourdage have had all six of their rounds count toward the team score so far this fall.
- This week is the third of four fall events for the women. The Buckeyes finish at the Tar Heel Invitational (UNC/Oct. 15-17).
- The Buckeyes are participating in the Folds of Honor program this year to honor military heros lost or wounded in action. Each week a member of the Buckeyes will carry a bag that will be auctioned after the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program. Aneka Seumanutafa will carry the designated golf bag for the women for the third consecutive event.