Dates: Sept. 26-27, 2022
Course: Inverness Club – Toledo, Ohio
Par/Yardage: Par 71 — 7,302 yards
Live Scoring: Golfstat
Format: Play 5, Count 4
Tee Times: Monday: Shotgun start at 9:30 a.m., continuous play for two rounds
Tuesday: Tee times off No. 1 and No. 10 tees beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Teams: Charlotte, East Tennessee State, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Louisville, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Purdue, USC, SMU, South Alabama, Texas Tech, Toledo, Virginia and Washington
Video: Monday: YouTube Featured Hole
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State gets back to action next week at one of Ohio’s famed venues at the Inverness Club for the Inverness Intercollegiate. This week is a more traditional 5 count 4 format with the first two rounds on Monday and the final round on Tuesday. Monday will have a featured hole coverage streamed on Youtube and coverage of Tuesday’s final round will be on ESPN+ from noon to 4 p.m.
- Ohio State’s lineup this week will consist of Maxwell Moldovan, Adam Wallin, Joe Wilson IV, JonErik Alford and Neal Shipley. Topher Reed will play this week as an individual.
- This is the seventh time Ohio State is competing as a team in the Inverness Intercollegiate. They have had an individual finish in the Top 10 in four of those events – Jack Tyler 10th in 2005, T.K. Kelly 6th in 2015, Daniel Wetterich 4th in 2017 and Felix Kvarnstrom 4th in 2019.
- Moldovan had a great opening tournament at the Frederica Cup, finishing at 10-under par and tied for 13th. That marked the fourth tournament of his career in which he finished double digits under par. He is now the program’s leader in career rounds in the 60s with 26.
- Chandler also had a good start to the season as he shot a career-best 7-under 209 to finish in 19th. He shot rounds of 70-69-70, marking the first event of his career with three under-par rounds.
- Shipley enjoyed the best tournament of his career in his Buckeye debut earlier this month, carding a 60under 210. He led the team for the week with 16 birdies in the three rounds.
- Alford and Wallin made it five Buckeyes who finished under-par at the Frederica Cup. Alford was 2-under par, matching his career-best finish. Wallin was steady with round of 71-73-71 to finish at 1-under par.
- This week will be the Buckeye debut for Joe Wilson IV and Topher Reed.
- The Buckeyes finished 29-under par at the Frederica Cup, taking sixth place. The team finished six events under-par last season
- The forecast calls for breezy conditions with temperatures in the mid to low 60s and a slight chance of rain of Monday.