2022 Schedule & Results // 2022 Roster // Season Stats
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Despite having a reprieve from Big Ten play, the Ohio State field hockey team has another two-game weekend upcoming. The Buckeyes will do battle with Central Michigan at home on Friday at 3 p.m. and Ohio on Sunday at 1 p.m. in Athens. The game against Central Michigan will be streamed live on B1G+ with live stats available on the schedule page of OhioStateBuckeyes.com.
No. 24 Ohio State vs. Central Michigan // Friday, Oct. 7 // 3 p.m. // Columbus, Ohio
Live Stats // Watch: B1G+ // Twitter Updates
No. 24 Ohio State at Ohio // Sunday, Oct. 9 // 1 p.m. // Athens, Ohio
Live Stats // Twitter Updates
Basics on the Buckeyes
- Ohio State got back in the winning column last weekend and were victorious in contests against Michigan State (2-1 in OT) and Kent State (4-0).
- With the wins, the Buckeyes improved to 5-5 on the season. They are ranked No. 24 in this week’s NFHCA poll and are one of seven teams from the Big Ten in the Top 25.
- In the win over Kent State, Sarah Charley scored twice and has a team-high four goals on the season.
- As a team, Ohio State’s offense broke out over the weekend and scored a total of six goals. Two came from Charley with one each from Delaney Lawler, Leanne Bough, Claudia Thomas and Emma Goldean.
- Nine different players have four or more points on offense through 10 games.
- In goal, Abby Danson has started all 10 games and has a 0.93 goals-against average, .842 save percentage and leads the Big Ten with 48 total saves.
More About This Weekend’s Opponents
- Central Michigan is 1-10 on the season with its one victory come in the season-opener on Aug. 26 vs. Saint Louis.
- Katie Biglin (five goals, three assists, 13 points) and Alica O’Hagan (four goals, two assists) are the Chippewas’ double-figure scorers.
- The last time Ohio State and Central Michigan met was in 2019. Then, the Buckeyes set a single-game record with 13 goals.
- Friday will be the 21st all-time meeting between the two teams. Ohio State leads the series, 15-5.
- The Ohio State/Ohio game is an annual non-conference matchup. Sunday marks the 44th game in the series.
- Last year, the Buckeyes won their sixth straight in the series with a 4-3 victory at Buckeye Varsity Field.
- The Bobcats are 5-5 this season and play on Friday at Ball State. OU lost twice last weekend, falling 4-3 to Kent State and 2-1 vs. Michigan State.
- Sunday’s 4-0 win over Kent State was the 50th for head coach Jarred Martin at Ohio State.
- Martin, in his sixth season leading the Buckeyes, was the 2018 Big Ten Coach of the Year and also guided Ohio State to the championship game of the Big Ten Tournament in the spring of 2021.
Danson’s Big Season
- Junior goalie Abby Danson leads the Big Ten in total saves (48) and is in the top three in three other major statistical categories.
- Danson ranks second in goals-against average (0.93), first in save percentage (.842) and second in saves per game (4.80).
Big Ten Tournament Coming to Columbus
- The nation’s premier conference tournament will take place at Buckeye Varsity Field in 2022.
- The Big Ten Tournament takes place Nov. 3-6, with three quarterfinals games on Thursday, Nov. 3 followed by the semifinals on Friday, Nov. 4. The championship game will occur on Sunday, Nov. 6.
- BTN will broadcast the semifinals and finals live. The quarterfinals can be seen on BTN+.
- Currently, the Big Ten boasts four of the nation’s top five-ranked teams and a total of seven in the top 25.
- Conference schools occupy the No. 2, No. 3, No. 4, No. 5, No. 10, No. 23 and No. 24 spots in the latest poll.