ADDITIONAL INFO: Season Stats | Livestats | B1G+ | Roster | Schedule | Tickets
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 11 Ohio State women’s gymnastics team makes a trip up north this weekend, meeting No. 3 Michigan in Ann Arbor on Saturday, Jan. 28. The meet will begin at 4 p.m. from the Crisler Center and will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required).
BUCKEYES IN A NUTSHELL
- The Buckeyes enter Saturday’s meet 1-0 in Big Ten conference competition following a 197.225-196.900 victory over Iowa last weekend. The team earned the third-best overall score in program history while winning three team event titles and two individual titles.
- Ohio State is 11th in this week’s Road to Nationals standings, with an average score of 196.750 through three meets this year.
- The team ranks sixth on floor (49.317) and eighth on uneven bars (49.267) nationally.
- Six Buckeyes have earned scores of 9.900 or higher this year. Elexis Edwards leads the team with a 9.925 on vault and 9.975 on floor. Payton Harris has also earned 9.900s on two separate apparatuses, scoring a 9.900 on beam and floor in her collegiate debut. Colby Miller and Nicole Riccardi both have scored a team-high 9.950 on uneven bars this year. Claire Gagliardi adds a 9.950 of her own on floor. Ella Hodges rounds out the group with a team-high 9.925 on beam.
- Miller is tied for ninth in the nation on bars with an average score of 9.917. She earned a career-high 9.950 mark at the Jan. 16 Georgia quad meet.
- Five Buckeyes rank top-10 in the conference in their respective events. Miller is tied for first overall on uneven bars while Riccardi ranks sixth (9.883). On beam, Harris ranks fourth with an average score of 9.875. Gagliardi is seventh on floor (9.900) while Edwards is tied for tenth (9.883).
- Ohio State has already earned scores of 49.000 or higher on all four apparatuses in two of the three meets this season. Last year, the team only achieved the feat four times.
- The Buckeyes have scored a 49.000 on floor in the last 14 meets and on uneven bars in the last 10 meets.
BUCKEYES VS. WOLVERINES
- Ohio State is 14-28 all-time against Michigan.
- The teams last met for a dual meet was during the 2021 season in Ann Arbor. Hannah Oliveros, who was a freshman at the time, scored a 9.900 to win the beam title and Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors.
OHIO STATE WOMEN’S GYMNASTICS MEET TICKETS
- Fans can purchase season or single meet tickets for Ohio State women’s gymnastics homes meets by visiting OhioStateBuckeyes.com/tickets or contacting the Ohio State Athletic Ticket Office at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
- For group ticket offers, contact the Athletic Ticket Sales Team at 1-800-GOBUCKS or email Athletic.firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with an account executive.
Ohio State is back at the Covelli Center Sunday, Feb. 5 to host Maryland. The Big Ten matchup will start at 2 p.m. and will be streamed on B1G+ ($).