RV/RV Ohio State at Northwestern
Date: Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022
Venue: Welsh-Ryan Arena
Game: at Northwestern (3 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | B1G+
Rosters: Ohio State | Northwestern
Game Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The RV/RV Ohio State women’s basketball team (10-3, 2-2 Big Ten) travels to Evanston, Ill. to face Northwestern on Sunday for a 3 p.m. ET tip. The game will be broadcast live on B1G+ (login required) and AM 1460.
Tickets for the 2021-22 season in Value City Arena in the Schottenstein Center are now available. Fans can purchase mini plans, single-game tickets and group tickets. All group tickets must be bought in advance by calling 1-800-GO-BUCKS and then selecting option two. Fans with ticketing questions should call the Ohio State Ticket Office at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or email email@example.com.
- Ohio State is receiving votes in the AP Poll released on Monday and the USA Today/WBCA Coaches Poll released on Tuesday.
- Ohio State is coming off a 90-69 win against Illinois on Thursday evening at home.
- Taylor Mikesell (32) and Rikki Harris (15) both tallied career-highs in points, while Tanaya Beacham (15) had a season-high and Jacy Sheldon (11) joined in double figures.
- Mikesell also tied her career-high eight triples, just the ninth time in program history a Buckeye has made at least eight from behind the arc. Harris sunk a career-high four three-pointers.
- Mikesell became the first Buckeye since Kelsey Mitchell in 2018 (March 3-4) to score at least 25 points in back-to-back games after scoring 25 at Michigan on New Year’s Eve.
- Northwestern enters the game with a 10-3 record and is a perfect 2-0 in conference play following its 77-69 win at No. 22/21 Iowa on Thursday evening. The Wildcats also beat Wisconsin by a 61-49 mark at the beginning of December.
- Victoria Burton leads the NU offense with 18.2 points per game, while Caileigh Walsh also averages double figures (10.2 ppg). Courtney Shaw leads the ‘Cats on the boards, averaging 10 rebounds per game, and is close to averaging a double-double scoring 9.0 ppg.
- Ohio State holds a 46-21 lead in the all-time series against Northwestern and holds the 18-13 advantage when playing in Evanston. NU holds a three-game win streak after winning the lone matchup last season.