COLUMBUS, Ohio – Sunday, 194 current and former Ohio State student-athletes will receive degrees from the University. Commencement will be held at noon in Ohio Stadium and streamed HERE.
Spring 2022 Ohio State Student-Athlete Graduates (PDF)
Four Buckeyes – Jordan Fuller and Carlos Snow from football, baseball’s Tre Gantt and Luisa Schirmer from the women’s volleyball program – were part of the athletics department’s degree completion program.
Included among the graduates are Olympians, a Super Bowl champion, All-Americans and national and conference champions, highlighted by …
- Adelaide Aquilla, a 2020 Olympian in the shot put and the 2021 NCAA and Big Ten Indoor and Outdoor Shot Put Champion. She was the Big Ten Indoor (2021, 2022) and Outdoor (2021) Field Athlete of the Championships and Field Athlete of the Year and is a five-time All-American in the shot put.
- Jordan Fuller, a three-year starter and two-time team captain for the football Buckeyes who won a National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame scholarship. He was drafted in the sixth round by the Los Angeles Rams and won a Super Bowl last season, serving as one of the Rams’ team captains.
- Seven members from the 2022 NCAA champion women’s ice hockey team will earn their degrees. The group includes Andrea Braendli, the winningest goaltender in program history and a 2022 Beijing Olympian, and Sophie Jaques, the 2022 Arthur Ashe Female Sport Scholar of the Year and the program’s first Patty Kazmaier Top 3 finalist who recorded the second-most points in a season by a defenseman in the history of NCAA women’s hockey.
- Mac Podraza of the women’s volleyball team, who was part of the 2022 Women’s Collegiate National Team and earned Third Team AVCA All-America honors in 2021 after honorable mention accolades in 2020. She was also a two-time all-region and all-conference honoree.
- Jacy Sheldon, a 2021-22 AP Honorable Mention All-American and 2021-22 WBCA Regional Finalist for the Women’s Basketball Coaches’ All-America Team. A member of the Buckeyes’ 2022 Big Ten regular season championship squad, she was a 2021-22 First Team All-Big Ten pick after second team honors in 2020-21.
- Fencer Camilla Rivano was a four-time All-American and finished a career-best tied for third at the 2022 NCAA Championships. She was also a three-time conference champion and four-time all-conference selection.
- Men’s gymnast Jesse Tyndall, a 2021 All-American in the all-around and two-time First Team All-Big Ten selection.
- Diver Joey Canova, the 2021 Big Ten Champion in the 3-meter dive, will earn his degree, as will four-time women’s swimming Big Ten champion Kristen Romano, who will compete at the World Championships for Puerto Rico this summer.
- Four members of the 2022 synchronized swimming national championship team are graduating – Camryn Carrasco, Cassie Neeley, Haley Watson and Paula Luis.
- Samuel Gens of the pistol team, who earned multiple first team All-America honors and was part of three national championship teams, as well as winning an individual national title in 2019.