ADDITIONAL INFO: SEC Network + | Livestats | Roster | Schedule | Notes | Tickets
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 10 Ohio State women’s gymnastics team hits the road for the first time this season, traveling to Georgia to compete against the No. 20 Bulldogs, Fisk and Rutgers on Monday, Jan. 14. The quad meet starts at 2 p.m. ET at the Stegeman Coliseum and can be streamed on SEC Network+ (subscription required).
BUCKEYES IN A NUTSHELL
- Ohio State started the 2023 season with a program-record season opening score of 196.775. The Buckeyes swept the individual titles on the day and defeated Arizona, Greenville and Kentucky.
- Payton Harris earned Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors this week after earning two 9.900s in her collegiate debut. She is the first Buckeye freshman since the 2021 season to earn the award.
- In the first meet of the season, Claire Gagliardi earned a career-high 9.950 on floor. The graduate student is in her fifth season as a member of the Ohio State women’s gymnastics program.
- Tory Vetter also earned a career-high mark, scoring a 9.850 on uneven bars for the Buckeyes last weekend.
- After week one, two Buckeyes rank in the top 10 nationally in their individual events. Gagliardi’s 9.950 is tied for the best score in the country this year. Elexis Edwards is fourth in the country with a 9.925 vault debut this season.
BUCKEYES VS. GEORGIA, FISK & RUTGERS
- Ohio State is 2-7 against Georgia in the all-time series. The last time the Buckeyes competed at Georgia was the 2019 season.
- Monday’s meet will be the first time Ohio State will compete against Fisk.
- The Buckeyes’ first conference matchup of the season comes this week against Rutgers. Ohio State owns a 10-2 record against Rutgers all-time. In the last regular season meeting between the two teams, the Buckeyes defeated the Scarlet Knights, 196.025-195.750.
OHIO STATE WOMEN’S GYMNASTICS MEET TICKETS
- Fans can purchase season or single meet tickets by visiting OhioStateBuckeyes.com/tickets or contacting the Ohio State Athletic Ticket Office at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
- For group ticket offers, contact the Athletic Ticket Sales Team at 1-800-GOBUCKS or email email@example.com to speak with an account executive.
Ohio State is back home next weekend to face Iowa on Sunday, Jan. 22. The meet will kick off at 2 p.m. from the Covelli Center.