2019-20 Schedule | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 6 ranked Ohio State men’s tennis team will open the 2020 season this Wednesday with a doubleheader against Northern Kentucky and Dayton. The match with the Norse is slated for a 10 a.m. start and that will be followed by a 4:30 p.m. first serve with Dayton. Both matches will be played at the OSU Varsity Tennis Center on Henderson Rd. All home men’s tennis matches offer free admission and free parking.
|Ohio State vs. Northern Kentucky & Dayton
|Date:||January 15, 2020
|Time:||10 a.m. & 4:30 p.m.
|Venue:||OSU Varsity Tennis Center
- The Buckeyes have won at least a share of the last 14 Big Ten titles and 12 of the last 14 Big Ten Tournament titles
- They have made an NCAA Tournament appearance in each of the last 20 seasons
- Head coach Ty Tucker is in his 21st season and has a record of 587-87 (.871)
- Four Buckeyes enter the spring ranked in the singles rankings. Cannon Kingsley at No. 16, John McNally at No. 24, Kyle Seelig at No. 28 and James Trotter at No. 40.
- The doubles team of McNally and freshman Robert Cash finished the fall at 13-2 and are currently ranked No. 2
- The Buckeyes competed in four collegiate tournaments in the fall and brought home hardware in each. Kingsley won the consolation bracket at the ITA All-American Championship, McNally swept the singles and doubles crowns at the ITA Midwest Regional, Trotter also two both titles at the Big Ten Singles and Doubles Championship and the duo of Cash and McNally finished runner-up at the ITA Fall Championship.
- McNally led the team with nine wins in the fall while Trotter and Seelig each registered eight wins.
- Kinglsey finished third in the USTA Winter Playoffs at the USTA Campus in December.
- The Buckeyes home schedule this spring includes some of the best team in college tennis. As of the current rankings, OSU will host No. 2 Texas, No. 25 Arizona State, No. 3 USC and No. 9 Texas A&M in a two-week stretch in February.