#2 Ohio State vs. Northern Kentucky & Xavier
Dates: Jan. 15, 2023
Time: 11 a.m. & 3 p.m.
Venue: Ty Tucker Tennis Center – Columbus, Ohio
Live Scoring: Scoring
Live Video: Video
Rosters: Ohio State | Northern Kentucky | Xavier
Rankings: ITA Rankings
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State men’s tennis will kickoff it’s 110th season this weekend when it hosts Northern Kentucky and Xavier on Sunday. The match with NKU will start at 11 a.m. followed by the match with Xavier at 3 p.m. The No. 2 ranked Buckeyes are coming off a solid fall and look poised for another title contending spring.
Admission and parking if free for all men’s tennis regular season matches.
- This will just be the third all-time meeting between Ohio State and Northern Kentucky on the tennis court. Ohio State won 7-0 in Columbus in 2015 and in 2020.
- Against Xavier, Ohio State is 19-0 all-time and has surrendered just three points to the Musketeers in those 19 matches. Last year, the Buckeyes won 6-1 on Jan. 19, 2022.
- Ohio State is opening its 110th season of tennis and will be led, once again, by director of tennis Ty Tucker. Tucker is in his 24th season at the helm and has an overall record of 651-98.
- The Buckeyes open the season ranked No. 2 in the ITA preseason rankings.
- Junior JJ Tracy began the fall ranked No. 8 in the ITA rankings and he is the only player who was in the Top 10 to remain in the Top 10 at the end of the fall. He is currently ranked No. 5 in the singles rankings.
- Freshman Alexander Bernard had a solid fall and finds himself ranked No. 90
- In doubles, Tracy and Andrew Lutschaunig are ranked No. 2 in the country. The duo won the ITA Fall National Doubles title, becoming the second consecutive Buckeyes team to win the crown. This was the third consecutive season an Ohio State doubles team played for an ITA Fall Nationals title and the win also ties the Buckeyes with USC for the most doubles titles at the ITA Fall Nationals with five.
- Overall, Tracy was a team-best 9-4 in singles action and 10-2 in doubles. He finished runner-up in the consolation bracket of the ITA All-American Championship and then reached the quarters at the fall nationals.
- Bernard advanced through qualifying and reached the round of 16 during his collegiate debut at the All-American Championships.