2019-20 Schedule | 2019-20 Stats | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State has the toughest schedule in the country to this point in the season and it won’t get any easier Thursday as it hosts one of the country’s hottest teams in No. 2 Louisville as part of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. and the game can be seen on BTN. Tickets are on sale through the Ohio State ticket office.
- Ohio State is just 3-9 in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge but are coming off a 76-69 victory over North Carolina last season.
- The Buckeyes are 4-3 this season following a split of their two games at the South Point Shootout in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving weekend.
- Freshman Jacy Sheldon averaged 11.5 ppg in the two games and was 4-of-7 from long range. She also notched her first collegiate double-double in the win over Northern Iowa with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- Fellow freshman Rebeka Mikulasikova scored a season-high 19 points in the opening game vs. South Dakota. That is the most points scored by a Buckeye this season.
- Louisville enters the game ranked No. 2 in the country and hold a perfect 8-0 record. The Cardinals are coming off a fun weekend at the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands which was punctuated by a 72-62 victory over then No. 1 Oregon on Saturday.
- To date, the Buckeyes own the toughest schedule in country according to opponent winning percentage.
- Ohio State’s depth is one of its strengths this season as the Buckeyes can go 10 deep. Currently, there are six players averaging between 10.2 and 7.7 points per game.
- Sophomore forward Dorka Juhasz continues to lead the team in scoring and rebounding at 10.2 ppg and 8.5 rpg.
- Buckeye head coach Kevin McGuff is just four wins shy of 400 for his career.