Related Links: Final Results | Final Team Scores | Men’s Roster | Women’s Roster
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State swimming and diving team won four duals in the first meet of the season against Penn State, Indiana and Virginia Tech this weekend. The No. 10 women and No. 11 men wrapped up day two of the meet with five event wins.
Both the men’s and women’s teams picked up two dual wins Saturday at McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion. The women defeated both of their opponents this weekend, taking down Virginia Tech, 225.00-128.00, and Indiana, 225.00-163.00. The men defeated Virginia Tech, 207.00-146.00, and Penn State, 250.50-100.50. The team fell to Indiana, 230.00-123.00.
Women’s 200 Medley Relay – Crane, Bach, Zenick, Fulmer (1:38.39)
Women’s 400 IM – Trace (4:13.67)
Women’s 200 Free – Fulmer (1:46.57)
Women’s 100 Fly – Zenick (53.87)
Men’s 400 Free Relay – Armstrong, Andreis, Gaziev, Quach (2:53.35)
- The Buckeye women kicked off the day with a win in the 200 Medley Relay. The Buckeyes’ A relay of Emily Crane, Hannah Bach, Katherine Zenick and Amy Fulmer raced a time of 1:38.39. In the men’s race, Ohio State’s A relay finished just 0.05 seconds behind first-place Indiana. The relay, comprised of Hunter Armstrong, Hudson McDaniel, Alex Quach and Sem Andreis, touched the wall in 1:25.84.
- Katie Trace picked up her first individual event win of the season, finishing first in the 400 IM in a time of 4:13.67. On the men’s side, Fabio Dalu earned the Buckeyes’ best finish of the event, racing a time of 3:57.61 to take sixth.
- The Ohio State women continued their win streak as Amy Fulmer took first in the 200 Free. She raced a time of 1:46.57 to get the win for the Buckeyes. For the men’s team, Ruslan Gaziev finished second in a time of 1:35.83.
- Zenick added the women’s fourth win on the day, racing a 53.87 in the 100 Fly. Quach took second in the men’s race with a time of 46.10.
- Josie Panitz earned the best finish for the Buckeyes in the 200 Breast, racing to a second-place finish in 2:13.01. For the men, Billy Regan finished sixth in a time of 2:02.42.
- Armstrong finished third in the 100 Back in a time of 47.03. Kristen Romano earned the women’s best finish in a time of 55.75.
- In the 50 Free, Emily Crane led the Buckeyes, touching the wall second in 23.11. Ruslan Gaziev earned a third-place finish for Ohio State, racing a time of 20.10.
- The Buckeyes finished second in both the men’s and women’s 1,000 Free. Charlie Clark raced a time of 8:57.34. Maya Geringer touched the wall in 10:01.16.
- In the 1-meter dive, Lyle Yost lead the Buckeyes with a fourth-place finish and final score of 346.80. Mackenzie Crawford finished fifth for the women with a final score of 271.20.
- The Ohio State men’s 400 Free Relay of Armstrong, Andreis, Gaziev and Quach won the final event of the day, finishing in 2:53.35. The women’s B relay of Gwen Woodbury, Catherine Russo, Trace and Romano earned the best finish for the Buckeyes, taking third in 3:27.40.
The Ohio State women’s team travels to meet Akron on Nov. 11 for their next meet. The men’s and women’s squads will reunite on Nov. 12 as the program hosts Denison at 5 p.m. at McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion.