Facebook, Twitter and Instagram | 2021-22 Schedule | OSU/Folds of Honor
Ruth’s Chris Tar Heel Invitational | UNC Finley Golf Course
Dates: Oct. 15-17, 2021
Course: UNC Finley Golf Course
Par/Yardage: Par 72 – 6,393 yards
Live Scoring: Golfstat
Format: Play 5, Count 4
Tee Times: 8:30 a.m. (1st/10th Tees) Friday and Saturday, 8:45 a.m. (shotgun) Sunday.
Teams: Alabama, Clemson, Duke, Furman, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Rollins College, SMU, UNCW, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State women’s golf team completes its fall schedule at the Tar Heel Invitational this weekend in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The event will be contested on the UNC Finley Golf Course. The 18 teams will each play 18 holes Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Ohio State’s lineup this week will consist of Aneka Seumanutafa, Jillian Bourdage, Kristin Jamieson, Faith Choi and Skylar Thompson. It will be the first event of the year for Thompson.
- The Buckeyes recently completed play at the Barbara Nicklaus Cup at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio. The unique event paired men’s and women’s teams from Arizona State, Auburn, Florida State and Ohio State in both mixed foursome and singles matches. FSU claimed the inaugural title in the event. For more go HERE.
- Rachel Rohanna, who starred with the Buckeyes from 2010-12, was awarded a card for the LPGA Tour in 2022 after finishing in the Top 10 on the Symetra Tour money list in 2021. For more on Rohanna’s accomplishments go HERE.
- The Buckeyes are participating in the Folds of Honor program this year to honor military heros lost or wounded in action. Each week a member of the Buckeyes will carry a bag that will be auctioned after the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program. This week Faith Choi will carry the designated golf bag at the Tar Heel Invitational. The player carrying the bag each week will be indicated by (FOH) on the pretournament lineup graphic.
- The Buckeyes opened the fall season at the Wolverine Invitational Sept. 13-14. Ohio State finished tied for the No. 9 spot with Seumanutafa leading the way at +3 and tied for eighth individually.
- The Buckeyes return their Top 5 scorers from last year: Kristin Jamieson, Lauren Peter, Aneka Seumanutafa, Skylar Thompson and Kailie Vongsaga. Seumanutafa led the way (72.53) and was a First Team All-Big Ten selection in the spring of 2021.
- Jillian Bourdage and Emily Hummer sat out last season as redshirts. The Buckeyes added transfer Alexis Phadungmartvorakul from Oregon along with true freshman Faith Choi of Frederick, Maryland.
- Seumanutafa, Peter, Vongsaga, Jamieson and Thompson played in all seven events a year ago.
- This week is the final of four fall events.
- The Buckeyes posted back-to-back rounds under par to finish tied for the No. 6 spot at the Mason Rudolph Championship in Franklin, Tennessee (Sept. 24-26). The Buckeyes shot 2-under as a team for a score of 286 on the final day after posting a 1-under 287 in Round 2 of the event. Ohio State carded and 866 (293-287-286/+2) over the three-day event. The two team rounds under par were the first for Lisa Strom as head coach of the Buckeyes.
- Seumanutafa leads the Buckeyes with a 71.0 scoring average over the first six rounds of the season. She has scored in the 60’s twice and has shot four rounds below par. Bourdage is second with a 72.83 average with two subpar rounds to date. Both Seumanutafa and Bourdage have had all six of their rounds count toward the team score so far this fall.
- In addition to the fall team schedule, three Ohio State individuals will participate in the Dayton Flyer Invitational Oct. 18-19. The event will be played at the NCR Country Club in Kettering, Ohio. Alexis Phadungmartvorakul, Emily Hummer and Kailie Vongsaga will compete for Ohio State. Follow along HERE.
- The Spring portion of the Ohio State schedule gets underway with Big Ten Match Play (Jan. 31-Feb. 1) in Palm Harbor Florida.
- The weather forecast for the Tar Heel Invitational calls for partly cloudy skies, a slight chance of rain and temperatures in the mid-80’s Friday. Rain and 70’s is expected Saturday with sun and 60’s on Sunday.