Team Results | Individual Results | Tar Heel Invite Records/History
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State maintained the No. 15 spot Sunday behind a 4-under 68 by junior Aneka Seumanutafa at the Tar Heel Invitational at the UNC Finley Golf Course in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Aneka Seumanutafa made the biggest jump individually on the final day shooting 68 (-4) to finish tied for 21st for the event. She improved 32 spots, the most of anyone in the field, over the final 18 holes. She now has 13 career events shooting under par for her career after a (-1) 215 over the three-round tournament.
Freshman Faith Choi carded a 2-under 70 Sunday to improve 19 spots to finish tied for 26th at even par 216.
- In addition to the fall team schedule, three Ohio State individuals will participate in the Dayton Flyer Invitational Monday and Tuesday. The event will be played at the NCR Country Club in Kettering, Ohio. Alexis Phadungmartvorakul, Emily Hummer and Kailie Vongsaga will compete for Ohio State. Follow along HERE.
- The Spring portion of the Ohio State schedule gets underway with Big Ten Match Play (Jan. 31-Feb. 1) in Palm Harbor Florida.
- Ohio State’s lineup this week consisted of Aneka Seumanutafa, Jillian Bourdage, Kristin Jamieson, Faith Choi and Skylar Thompson. It is the first event of the year for Thompson.
- Rachel Rohanna, who starred with the Buckeyes from 2010-12, was awarded a card for the LPGA Tour in 2022 after finishing in the Top 10 on the Symetra Tour money list in 2021. For more on Rohanna’s accomplishments go HERE.
- The Buckeyes are participating in the Folds of Honor program this year to honor military heros lost or wounded in action. Each week a member of the Buckeyes will carry a bag that will be auctioned after the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program. This week Faith Choi will carry the designated golf bag at the Tar Heel Invitational. The player carrying the bag each week will be indicated by (FOH) on the tournament graphics.
- The Buckeyes opened the fall season at the Wolverine Invitational Sept. 13-14. Ohio State finished tied for the No. 9 spot with Seumanutafa leading the way at +3 and tied for eighth individually.
- The Buckeyes posted back-to-back rounds under par to finish tied for the No. 6 spot at the Mason Rudolph Championship in Franklin, Tennessee (Sept. 24-26). The Buckeyes shot 2-under as a team for a score of 286 on the final day after posting a 1-under 287 in Round 2 of the event. Ohio State carded and 866 (293-287-286/+2) over the three-day event. The two team rounds under par were the first for Lisa Strom as head coach of the Buckeyes.
- The Buckeyes recently completed play at the Barbara Nicklaus Cup at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio. The unique event paired men’s and women’s teams from Arizona State, Auburn, Florida State and Ohio State in both mixed foursome and singles matches. FSU claimed the inaugural title in the event. For more go HERE.
- Ohio State returned its Top 5 scorers from last year: Kristin Jamieson, Lauren Peter, Aneka Seumanutafa, Skylar Thompson and Kailie Vongsaga. Seumanutafa led the way (72.53) and was a First Team All-Big Ten selection in the spring of 2021.
- Jillian Bourdage and Emily Hummer sat out last season as redshirts. The Buckeyes added transfer Alexis Phadungmartvorakul from Oregon along with true freshman Faith Choi of Frederick, Maryland.
- Seumanutafa, Peter, Vongsaga, Jamieson and Thompson played in all seven events a year ago.
- Seumanutafa leads the Buckeyes with a 71.0 scoring average over the first six rounds of the season. She has scored in the 60’s twice and has shot four rounds below par. Bourdage is second with a 72.83 average with two subpar rounds to date. Both Seumanutafa and Bourdage have had all six of their rounds count toward the team score so far this fall.
|Tar Heel Invitational Final