Jim West Challenge
Dates: Oct. 23-24, 2022
Course: Kissing Tree Golf Club
Par/Yardage: Par 72 – 6,163 Yards
Live Stream: Sunday | Monday
Format: Play 5, Count 4
Tee Times: 36 holes Sunday, 18 holes Monday – 8:00 a.m. CT shotgun start both days
Teams: Colorado, Houston, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, SMU, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane, Tulsa, UNLV, UTSA
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Buckeyes play their final event of the fall season Oct. 23-24 when they head to San Marcos, Texas for the Jim West Challenge, hosted by Texas State.
- The Ohio State lineup for the tournament will be Kary Hollenbaugh, Lauren Peter, Caley McGinty, Faith Choi and Kailie Vongsaga. Hollenbaugh will carry the Folds of Honor bag.
- This week’s tournament will be broadcast on ESPN+, with Sunday’s broadcast beginning at 1:00 p.m. ET and Monday’s starting at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- McGinty has a scoring average of 75.22, which is second on the team behind Aneka Seumanutafa, who averages 74.67. Peter is averaging 75.33 and Hollenbaugh’s average score is 76.22. This will be the first event of the season for both Choi and Vongsaga.
- The Buckeyes most recently hosted and competed in the Barbara Nicklaus Cup at Muirfield Village Oct. 3-4. Ohio State placed seventh. Peter was the top-finisher for the Buckeyes; she finished tied for eighth place with a three-round score of 239 (+23).
- Ohio State opened the fall season with a first-place finish at the Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational. The Buckeyes shot the fourth-lowest 54-hole score in program history, finishing the tournament with a team score of 853 (-11).
- Peter earned the best finish of her career, tying for fourth place. She shot 213 (-3) over three rounds and tied her career-low of 70 (-2) in the second round.
- Ohio State is participating in the Folds of Honor Military Tribute Program for the second season. Folds of Honor honors military heroes lost or wounded in action. This season, the Buckeyes will honor Army Maj. Michael J. Donahue. Each week, a member of the OSU team will carry a bag bearing his name that will be auctioned off at the end of the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program.
- The Buckeyes open their spring season Feb. 12-14 when they host the Therese Hession Regional Challenge in Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.