No. 8 Ohio State vs. No. 9 Minnesota, No. 3 Wisconsin
Dates: Friday, Nov. 25, 2022 and Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022
Venues: Covelli Center (Columbus, Ohio)
- Friday vs. No. 9 Minnesota (6 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | B1G+
- Saturday vs. No. 3 Wisconsin (7 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | BTN
Rosters: Ohio State | Minnesota | Wisconsin
Game Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 8 Ohio State women’s volleyball team (19-7, 15-3 B1G) hosts the final two matches of the regular season this weekend. On Friday, the Buckeyes face No. 9 Minnesota at 6 p.m. on B1G+. OSU’s regular season finale is on Saturday at 7 p.m. against No. 3 Wisconsin on BTN.
Friday is family night and Saturday is senior night with both recognitions happening after the conclusion of each match. Fans are asked to wear their best scarlet on Saturday.
For Saturday’s match against Wisconsin: Due to the football game vs. TTUN, RVs will be parked in Buckeye Lots 1, 2, and 3 (highlighted in pink on the parking map). If there are spots available, parking around the RVs is allowed. Fans are encouraged to park in Buckeye Lots 4, 5, and 6 (highlighted in green on the parking map) as these lots will likely have more availability when the Covelli doors open. View the parking map HERE.
- Ohio State was ranked eighth in this week’s AVCA poll.
- The Buckeyes enter the match with a 19-7 overall record and a 15-3 record in Big Ten play. The Buckeyes are coming off a five-set loss (26-24, 17-25, 17-25, 25-20, 14-16) to Indiana on Sunday.
- On Tuesday, Gabby Gonzales, Emily Londot, Kylie Murr and Mac Podraza were named Academic All-District.
- Kylie Murr broke the OSU program record for career digs last Friday at Maryland as her career-high 35 digs in the match pushed her career total to 1,819 digs. The previous record was 1,795 digs.
- Sydney Taylor totaled a career-high 15 digs against Indiana on Sunday, while Sarah Sue Morbitzer tied her career-high 16 digs for the third time this season. The Buckeyes’ offense had four with 10+ kills for the third time this season.
- 9 Minnesota enters the match with an 18-8 overall record and a 13-5 mark in Big Ten play.
- The Gophers are coming off a road sweep (25-11, 25-19, 26-24) at Rutgers this past Sunday.
- Minnesota is 6-7 against ranked opponents this season, including wins against (then) No. 16 Baylor, No. 13 Florida, No. 18 Oregon, No. 6 Wisconsin, No. 24 Michigan and No. 12 Purdue.
- Taylor Landfair leads the Big Ten in kills/set (4.33) and points/set (4.89) this season.
- Ohio State trails 35-49 in the all-time series against Minnesota.
- The Buckeyes have the 20-17 advantage when playing in Columbus.
- On Oct. 12, OSU earned the sweep (25-20, 25-21, 25-22) at Minnesota.
- 3 Wisconsin enters the weekend with a 23-3 record and is 17-1 in conference play.
- The Badgers are coming off a five-set win (25-19, 22-25, 25-23, 18-25, 15-12) win at (then) No. 14 Penn State this past Saturday.
- Wisconsin is 9-3 this season when facing a ranked opponent, including wins over (then) No. 24 Marquette, No. 14 Kentucky, No. 12 Penn State, No. 5 Purdue, No. 24 Michigan, No. 25 Michigan, No. 1 Nebraska, No. 9 Minnesota and No. 14 Penn State.
- Sarah Franklin leads the Badgers offense with 3.59 kills/set while Danielle Hart’s hitting percentage (.443) is the best in the Big Ten.
- Ohio State trails 37-42 in the all-time series with Wisconsin.
- The Buckeyes are an even 18-18 when facing the Badgers in Columbus.
- This is the first meeting of the season between Ohio State and Wisconsin. In the most recent meeting, the Buckeyes lost in four sets (24-26, 22-25, 25-18, 14-25) in Wisconsin on Oct. 22, 2021.
Be sure to come cheer on Ohio State women’s volleyball inside the Covelli Center this fall. Single-match tickets are available HERE. Applicable service fees will apply to all tickets. For group tickets and any questions, contact an account representative at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.