No. 10/5 Ohio State at Wisconsin
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023
Venue: Kohl Center (Madison, Wis.)
Game: at Wisconsin (7:30 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | B1G+
Rosters: Ohio State | Wisconsin
Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 10/5 Ohio State women’s basketball team (19-3, 8-3 B1G) travels to Wisconsin (7-15, 2-8 B1G) for the teams’ lone meeting of the regular season on Wednesday night. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET in a game broadcast on B1G+.
- Ohio State holds a 19-3 overall record and is 8-3 in Big Ten play.
- The Buckeyes fell to Purdue on Sunday by a 73-65 margin as OSU welcomed back and honored the 1992-93 team – the first Big Ten women’s team to make the national title game.
- Taylor Thierry led four Buckeyes in double figures with 18 points, also tying for the team lead with seven rebounds.
- Wisconsin enters the game with a 7-15 overall record and is 2-8 in conference play after falling to Northwestern on Sunday by a 70-67 margin. The Badgers held a 13-point halftime lead and a six-point lead heading into the final quarter, but the Wildcats went ahead on a three-pointer with two minutes to play.
- The Badgers hold conference wins against Minnesota (Jan. 8) and Michigan State (Jan. 11). Wisconsin dropped its only two ranked games of the season so far against Indiana and Maryland.
- All five of Wisconsin’s starters are averaging double figures on the season as Serah Williams leads with 12.8 points per game. Three of the Badgers starters are also averaging more than five rebounds per game.
- Ohio State leads 53-18 in the all-time series against Wisconsin, despite having a few wins later vacated by an NCAA ruling. The Buckeyes have the 18-12 advantage when facing the Badgers in Madison, though the teams have traded wins the past few games.
- The teams played only once last season as Ohio State earned the 59-42 win in Columbus on Feb. 20, 2022. In that game, the Buckeye defense held the Badgers to seven points in each of the second and third quarters and .300 field-goal percentage throughout the game. OSU also won the rebounding battle 40-33.
To support Ohio State women’s basketball throughout the season here on campus, fans may purchase single game tickets for all remaining home games HERE. Applicable service fees will apply to all tickets. For group tickets and any questions, contact an account representative at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All group tickets must be purchased in advance.