No. 2/5 Ohio State at No. 6/6 Indiana
Date: Thursday, Jan. 26, 2023
Venue: Assembly Hall (Bloomington, Ind.)
Game: at No. 6/6 Indiana (8:30 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | BTN
Rosters: Ohio State | Indiana
Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 2/5 Ohio State women’s basketball team (19-1, 8-1 B1G) travels to No. 6/6 Indiana (18-1, 8-1 B1G) for its second top-10 matchup of the week. Thursday’s tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET in a game broadcast live on BTN.
- Ohio State enters the game with a 19-1 overall record and an 8-1 mark in Big Ten play after dropping its first game of the season on Monday to No. 10/9 Iowa (83-72).
- The Buckeyes’ 19-0 record to start the season was the best start in program history and was the third-longest win streak in program history (20-consecutive wins has happened twice). OSU was one of the final three undefeated teams in the country.
- Against Iowa, Cotie McMahon (21) and Taylor Thierry (20) both had a 20-point performance, while also leading on the boards as Thierry had nine and McMahon had eight.
- Indiana enters the game with an 18-1 overall record and is 8-1 in the Big Ten. The Hoosiers are on a six-game win streak.
- IU’s lone loss of the season came on Dec. 29 at Michigan State by an 83-78 margin. Indiana holds five ranked wins on the season, having beaten then No. 11 Tennessee, No. 6 North Carolina, No. 9 Maryland, No. 21 Illinois and No. 14 Michigan.
- Mackenzie Holmes leads four double-figure scorers with 21.9 points per game, also leading the team with 8.3 rebounds per game. Yarden Garzon (12.3), Sydney Parrish (12.3) and Grace Berger (11.6) are also averaging more than 10 points per game.
- Ohio State leads 56-24 in the all-time series against Indiana, despite later vacating three wins in the series due to later NCAA rulings, but the Hoosiers own the last three matchups. The Buckeyes hold the narrow 21-16 advantage when facing the Hoosiers in Bloomington.
- Last season, Ohio State fell to a top-10 Indiana team in December at home and then again in the Big Ten Tournament semifinals. Taylor Mikesell and Jacy Sheldon each scored in double figures in both matchups vs. Indiana with Mikesell having a 20-point game in December and Sheldon doing so in March.
To support Ohio State women’s basketball throughout the season here on campus, fans may purchase single game tickets for all remaining home games HERE. Applicable service fees will apply to all tickets. For group tickets and any questions, contact an account representative at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All group tickets must be purchased in advance.