RV/RV Ohio State at Minnesota
Date: Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022
Venue: Williams Arena
Game: at Minnesota (6 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | B1G+
Rosters: Ohio State | Minnesota
Game Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The RV/RV Ohio State women’s basketball team (12-3, 4-2 Big Ten) travels to Minnesota (9-8, 2-3 Big Ten) for a Saturday game. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET. The game will be broadcast live on B1G+ (login required) and AM 1460.
Fans can purchase single-game tickets for the 2021-22 season in Value City Arena in the Schottenstein Center. All group tickets must be bought in advance by calling 1-800-GO-BUCKS and then selecting option two. Fans with ticketing questions should call the Ohio State Ticket Office at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ohio State is receiving votes in the AP Poll released on Monday and the USA Today/WBCA Coaches Poll released on Tuesday.
- Ohio State beat Michigan State by an 89-83 margin on Wednesday evening at home.
- Rebeka Mikulasikova tallied her second-straight double-double (13p, 11r) and third of the season as Jacy Sheldon scored a career-high 33 points and Taylor Mikesell recorded her fifth 20-point game of the season (25).
- This is the second time in two weeks that both Sheldon and Mikesell have scored 25 points in a game after not having two Buckeyes score 25 apiece since March 2018.
- Minnesota enters the matchup with a 9-8 overall record and a 2-3 mark in conference games. The Gophers are coming off an 82-66 win at Wisconsin on Wednesday evening.
- The Gophers have four of their starters averaging double figures in Sara Scalia (15.2), Jasmine Powell (13.2), Kadiatou Sissoko (11.2) and Deja Winters (11.0). Sissoko leads on the boards (5.9 rpg).
- Ohio State holds a 63-16 lead in the all-time series against Minnesota and is 23-11 when facing the Gophers in Minneapolis.
- The Buckeyes enter the game on a nine-game win streak, but the Gophers won six of nine before the current streak began. The teams met only once last season with OSU earning an 83-59 home win.