No. 18/20 Ohio State at Purdue
Date: Sunday, Dec. 5, 2021
Venue: Mackey Arena (West Lafayette, Ind.)
Game: at Purdue (2 p.m.) | Live Stats | B1G+
Rosters: Ohio State | Purdue
Game Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 18/20 Ohio State women’s basketball team (5-1) begins Big Ten play on the road this weekend, traveling to Purdue on Sunday for a 2 p.m. tip. The game will be broadcast live on B1G+ (subscription required) and AM 1460.
Tickets for the 2021-22 season in Value City Arena in the Schottenstein Center are now available. Fans can purchase mini plans, single-game tickets and group tickets. All group tickets must be bought in advance by calling 1-800-GO-BUCKS and then selecting option two. Fans with ticketing questions should call the Ohio State Ticket Office at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ohio State was selected 18th in the AP Poll released on Monday and 20th in the USA Today/WBCA Coaches Poll released on Tuesday.
- Junior guard Jacy Sheldon was named to the Big Ten Weekly Honor Roll on Monday, following her play against Bellarmine and Cincinnati.
- Ohio State is coming off of its first loss of the season after dropping a 97-91 decision at Syracuse on Wednesday in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
- Jacy Sheldon led Ohio State’s offense with 23 points, while Taylor Mikesell recorded her first 20-point game as a Buckeye. Rebeka Mikulášiková continued her streak of double-figure scoring with 16 points and Tanaya Beacham tallied 11.
- Purdue enters the weekend with a 6-2 record. Last weekend, the Boilermakers split games at the Global Sports & Events St. Pete Showcase, falling to No. 22 West Virginia by a 65-57 mark before beating No. 17 Florida State 66-61. Purdue beat Georgia Tech, 53-52 on a buzzer beater, on Wednesday.
- Madison Layden and Ra Shaya Kyle lead the Purdue offense with 13.0 and 11.6 points per game, respectively.
- Ohio State leads 48-31 in the all-time series with Purdue and is 19-16 when playing the Boilermakers in Lafayette.
- Last season, the Buckeyes earned the 100-85 victory in Columbus on Feb. 18, scoring the most points against the Boilermakers in program history. The teams combined for a series-high 185 points as well.