No. 18/19 Ohio State vs. Wisconsin
Date: Sunday, Feb. 20, 2022
Venue: Value City Arena at the Schottenstein Center (Columbus, Ohio)
Game: vs. Wisconsin (2 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | B1G+
Rosters: Ohio State | Wisconsin
Game Notes: Ohio State | Wisconsin
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 18/19 Ohio State women’s basketball team (19-5, 11-4 Big Ten) hosts Wisconsin (7-18, 4-11 Big Ten) on Sunday for a senior day matinee, scheduled to tip-off at 2 p.m. The game will be broadcast live on B1G+ (subscription required) and AM 1460.
In addition to a senior recognition before tip-off, fans will receive a heart-healthy rally towel upon entry. Other Ohio State women’s teams will be on the concourse before the game for meet and greet opportunities in honor of National Girls & Women in Sports Day earlier this month.
Fans can purchase single-game tickets for the 2021-22 season in Value City Arena in the Schottenstein Center. All group tickets must be bought in advance by calling 1-800-GO-BUCKS and then selecting option two. Fans with ticketing questions should call the Ohio State Ticket Office at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONCESSIONS UPDATE: Beginning February 3, concessions will resume at all OSU athletic events, with the full menu available for events later in February.
- Ohio State is ranked 18th in the AP Poll released on Monday and 19th the USA Today/WBCA Coaches Poll released on Tuesday.
- Ohio State enters the game with a 19-5 overall record and an 11-4 record in Big Ten play.
- The Buckeyes were edged by No. 13/13 Maryland on Thursday by a 77-72 margin in College Park to split the season’s series against the Terps.
- Taylor Mikesell led all scorers with 29 points on 12-of-16 shooting from the floor and went 5-of-7 from behind the arc. Jacy Sheldon also tallied a 20-point game, finishing with 22.
- Wisconsin holds a 7-18 overall record and is 4-11 against Big Ten teams.
- The Badgers most recently lost to Michigan State by a 74-68 margin on Wednesday after recording the biggest comeback in program history (22 points) to beat Purdue 54-52 last Sunday.
- Julie Pospisilova leads the Wisconsin offense with 13.9 points per game while Sydney Hilliard also averages double figures (12.8 ppg). Hilliard is the team’s leading rebounder averaging 4.7 per game.
- Ohio State holds the 56-18 advantage in the all-time series against Wisconsin and is 27-5 when playing the Badgers in Columbus.
- Wisconsin has won two of the last three meetings between the teams, but Ohio State is 8-2 in its last 10.
- This is the first and only meeting of the regular season between the two teams after the Badgers claimed a 75-70 win in the only matchup of the 2020-21 season. That game took place in Madison on Feb. 10, 2021.