No. 2/2 Ohio State vs. Northwestern
Date: Thursday, Jan. 19, 2023
Venue: Value City Arena in the Schottenstein Center (Columbus, Ohio)
Game: vs. Northwestern (6:30 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | BTN
Rosters: Ohio State | Northwestern
Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 2/2 Ohio State women’s basketball team (18-0, 7-0 B1G) hosts Northwestern (6-11, 0-7 B1G) on Thursday evening at 6:30 p.m. ET for Global Engagement Night. The game will be broadcast live on BTN. There will also be a youth girls basketball game at halftime and a post-game meet and greet with the team in the North Dining area next to the team shop.
- Ohio State enters the game with an 18-0 record and a 7-0 mark in Big Ten play after a wire-to-wire 76-67 win at Nebraska on Saturday. The Buckeyes moved up to second in both the AP and coaches’ polls this week.
- Rebeka Mikulasikova led all scorers with 25 points (her sixth 20-point game of the season) on 10-of-19 shooting and made three of her four long-range attempts. Taylor Thierry was a perfect 6-of-6 from the floor and totaled 13 points. Taylor Mikesell scored in double figures with 14.
- Mikulasikova earned a spot on the Big Ten weekly honor roll on Tuesday.
- Northwestern is 6-11 on the season and is 0-7 in conference play after a 65-54 loss to Purdue on Saturday.
- Since the Dec. 28 game between the two teams, the Wildcats have lost five games, including three to opponents who are now ranked in Illinois, Indiana and Iowa.
- Caileigh Walsh (12.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg) and Sydney Wood (11.2 ppg, 5.0 rpg) lead Northwestern’s team.
- Ohio State leads 46-21 in the all-time series against Northwestern, despite the NCAA later vacating a pair of Buckeye wins. OSU has the 24-7 advantage when facing the Wildcats in Columbus.
- On Dec. 28, 2022, Ohio State captured an 81-48 win in Evanston. The Buckeyes built a 35-24 halftime lead and pulled away with a 46-24 second half (shooting 55.2 percent in the half). OSU totaled 17 steals and forced 21 Northwestern turnovers.
- In the most recent meeting, Cotie McMahon led all scorers with 24 points. Taylor Thierry scored 18 points on 8-of-11 (.727) shooting and Taylor Mikesell totaled 16 points. Mikesell led the Buckeyes with nine rebounds, while Thierry and Rikki Harris each pulled down eight boards. The Buckeyes collected a season-best 46 rebounds.
To support Ohio State women’s basketball throughout the season here on campus, fans may now purchase mini plans HERE or single game tickets for all remaining home games HERE. Applicable service fees will apply to all tickets. For group tickets and any questions, contact an account representative at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or via email at email@example.com. All group tickets must be purchased in advance.
Direct links to purchase tickets: