RV/RV Ohio State vs. Michigan State
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2022
Venue: Value City Arena in the Schottenstein Center
Game: vs. Michigan State (7 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | B1G+
Rosters: Ohio State | Michigan State
Game Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The RV/RV Ohio State women’s basketball team (11-3, 3-2 Big Ten) hosts Michigan State (8-7, 2-2 Big Ten) on Wednesday for a 7 p.m. tip. The game will be broadcast live on B1G+ (login required) and AM 1460.
Fans can purchase single-game tickets for the 2021-22 season in Value City Arena in the Schottenstein Center. All group tickets must be bought in advance by calling 1-800-GO-BUCKS and then selecting option two. Fans with ticketing questions should call the Ohio State Ticket Office at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or email email@example.com.
- Ohio State is receiving votes in the AP Poll released on Monday and the USA Today/WBCA Coaches Poll released last Tuesday.
- Ohio State earned a 74-61 win at Northwestern on Sunday.
- Rebeka Mikulášiková was the first in the game to double figures, finishing the game with 16 points and 12 rebounds for the second double-double of the season and her career. Jacy Sheldon (20), Taylor Mikesell (13) and Tanaya Beacham (10) also reached double figures.
- The Buckeyes combined for their highest rebound total of conference play so far this season with 43 rebounds.
- Michigan State enters the matchup at 8-7 overall and an even 2-2 in conference play after a 69-59 loss against Purdue on Sunday. The Spartans have beaten Illinois and Nebraska and fell to Iowa.
- Nia Clouden leads a trio of double-figure scorers with 21.5 points per game this season, while Alyza Winston averages 12.2 ppg and Matilda Ekh averages 10.0 ppg. Tamara Farquhar and Taiyier Parks lead the Spartans on the boards with 6.2 and 6.1 rpg, respectively.
- Ohio State holds a 56-29 lead in the all-time series against Michigan State and is 24-11 when facing the Spartans in Columbus. The Buckeyes and Spartans did not meet during the 2020-21 season after their Dec. 31 meeting was postponed and not made up.