No. 2/2 Ohio State vs. No. 10/9 Iowa
Date: Monday, Jan. 23, 2023
Venue: Value City Arena in the Schottenstein Center (Columbus, Ohio)
Game: vs. No. 10/9 Iowa (7 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | ESPN2
Rosters: Ohio State | Iowa
Notes: Ohio State | Iowa
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 2/2 Ohio State women’s basketball team (19-0, 8-0 B1G) hosts No. 10/9 Iowa (15-4, 7-1 B1G) on Monday evening. The game will be broadcast on ESPN2 in a 7 p.m. tip.
Monday’s game is Buckeye Club appreciation night and 614 night. The first 2,000 fans will receive a free dub chain T-shirt. For 614 night, a concession deal will be offered in certain concession stands – get a popcorn, water and hot dog for just $11 (6+1+4). A jump rope group will be performing at halftime and the Buckeyes will be welcoming back former OSU and current WNBA great, Kelsey Mitchell (’18).
- Ohio State enters the game with a 19-0 overall record and an 8-0 mark in Big Ten play after completing the season sweep of Northwestern on Thursday in an 84-54 decision.
- OSU led the entire game and had four in double figures – Taylor Mikesell (18), Rebeka Mikulasikova (18), Cotie McMahon (11) and Taylor Thierry (10). The Buckeyes also won the rebounding battle, 44-37. It was a team effort for OSU, who totaled 16 assists and 15 steals on the evening.
- Iowa comes to Columbus with a 15-4 overall record and is 7-1 in conference play.
- The Hawkeyes are 2-2 against ranked opponents this season, earning wins against then No. 10 Iowa State on Dec. 7 and against then No. 14 Michigan on Jan. 7.
- Iowa’s lone conference loss was a 90-86 decision on Jan. 1 at now-ranked Illinois.
- Caitlin Clark leads the Big Ten and is third in the nation in scoring, averaging 26.7 points per game. She also leads the team on the boards (7.6 rpg) and in assists (7.47 apg). Monika Czinano (17.9 ppg) and McKenna Warnock (11.9 ppg) are averaging double figures for the Hawkeyes.
- Ohio State leads 38-34 in the all-time series against Iowa after a win was later vacated by the NCAA. The Buckeyes have the 23-9 advantage when facing the Hawkeyes in Columbus.
- Last season, the teams met only once and ended up sharing the Big Ten regular season championship.
- In the most recent meeting, Ohio State won at Iowa on Jan. 31, 2022 in a ranked matchup. The Buckeyes trailed by as many as nine points in the third quarter before trimming the deficit to two entering the fourth. The final quarter featured five lead changes and two ties. Ohio State shot 55.9 percent from the floor as a team.
To support Ohio State women’s basketball throughout the season here on campus, fans may purchase single game tickets for all remaining home games HERE. Applicable service fees will apply to all tickets. For group tickets and any questions, contact an account representative at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All group tickets must be purchased in advance.