ADDITIONAL INFO: Watch (B1G+) | Live Scoring (Friday) | Watch (Sunday) | Live Scoring (Sunday) | Ohio State Roster | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 18 Ohio State women’s gymnastics team is set for its All-Ohio meet against Bowling Green and Kent State on Friday, March 4 at 7 p.m. in the Covelli Center. Following Friday’s meet, the Buckeyes will face the Golden Flashes again, this time in Kent, Ohio at 1 p.m. in the Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center.
Friday’s meet will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required). Buckeye women’s gymnastics single meet tickets can be purchased online at OhioStateBuckeyes.com/tickets or by calling the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
Ohio State as of Late
- The Buckeyes hit a top-10 program score for the second week in a row last weekend against Michigan State. The team posted a final score of 197.600 to tie the program’s second-highest score of all-time and the highest Ohio State team score since the 2012 season.
- Along with the impressive team score, the Buckeyes set program records on uneven bars (49.350) and floor (49.625).
- Five Buckeyes earned 9.900 or higher scores on floor last week against the Spartans. Freshman Jenna Hlavach led the way with a 9.950 to win the event. Lexi Edwards, Alexis Hankins and Claire Gagliardi tied for second with a 9.925. Jojo Warga rounded out the scorers with a 9.900.
- Ohio State gymnastics ranks four individuals in the top 10 of the Big Ten. Nicole Riccardi is tied for sixth in the conference on uneven bars (9.890). Colby Miller is ninth with a national qualifier score of 9.880. On beam, freshman Stephanie Berger is tied for ninth with an NQS of 9.835. Rounding out the top 10 for Ohio State is Alexis Hankins, who has earned a 9.900 NQS on floor to rank 10th in the league.
- Ohio State ranks 18th nationally in the Road to Nationals standings this week with a national qualifier score of 196.365
All-Ohio Meet History
- The last time Ohio State, Bowling Green and Kent State all met during the regular season was in 2008 for the All-Ohio Championships. The meet was held for eight seasons, beginning in 2000.
- The Buckeyes earned five first place finishes at the meet between the three Division I gymnastics teams in Ohio, its final championship in 2007.
- The Buckeyes and Falcons last met during the 2018-19 season, with Ohio State earning a 195.875-194.875 win over Bowling Green. Ohio State owns a 35-6 record over Bowling Green in the all-time series.
- In the all-time series between Ohio State and Kent State, the Buckeyes own a 22-20-1 edge. The last meeting between the Buckeyes and Golden Flashes was during the 2017 season with Ohio State finishing first in a quad meet between Michigan, Washington and Kent State.
Following the team’s in-state competition this weekend, Ohio State hosts Cal and Pitt for the final regular season meet of the year on Friday, March 11 at 7 p.m. Single meet tickets can be purchased by visiting OhioStateBuckeyes.com/tickets or by calling 1-800-GOBUCKS.