ADDITIONAL INFO: Watch (B1G+) | Live Scoring | Ohio State Roster | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 16 Ohio State women’s gymnastics team hosts its final regular meet of the season this Friday as the Buckeyes take on No. 10 California and Pittsburgh at 7 p.m. in the Covelli Center. Friday’s meet will also be Senior Night as Ohio State honors its four seniors Claire Gagliardi, Sydney Jennings, Colby Miller and Miriam Perez.
The meet will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required). Buckeye women’s gymnastics single meet tickets can be purchased online at OhioStateBuckeyes.com/tickets or by calling the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
Ohio State as of Late
- The Buckeyes have been consistently hitting top 10 program scores, hitting the mark in the last four meets. Most recently the team scored a 197.525 for the second-best score in team history.
- Ohio State has set program-best scores on floor (49.625), uneven bars (49.375) and beam (49.500) this season as well.
- Ohio State had at least four gymnasts hit floor routine scores of 9.900 or higher in two consecutive meets. Against Michigan State, freshman Jenna Hlavach led the way with a 9.950 to win the event. Lexi Edwards, Alexis Hankins and Claire Gagliardi tied for second with a 9.925. Jojo Warga rounded out the scorers with a 9.900. In the All-Ohio meet, it was Edwards, Gagliardi, Hankins and Jojo Warga leading the way for Ohio State with 9.900 scores.
- The Buckeyes rank 13th in the country on uneven bars (49.240) and floor (49.370).
- Colby Miller is third in the Big Ten on uneven bars after hitting a career-high score of 9.950 on the apparatus on Sunday against Kent State and Eastern Michigan. Edwards is tied for ninth in the league on floor.
- Ohio State ranks 16th nationally in the Road to Nationals standings this week with a national qualifier score of 196.735. The Buckeyes finished the year second in the conference standings
Buckeyes vs. Panthers
- Ohio State is 22-4 all-time against Pittsburgh.
- The last time the teams met was Jan. 7, 2017 with Ohio State earning a 194.375-192.800 win over the Panthers. The Buckeyes last hosted Pittsburgh during the 2016 season.
Buckeyes vs. Golden Bears
- Friday will be just the third meeting between Ohio State and California. The teams have each won one of the two previous meetings.
- The Buckeyes and Golden Bears most recently met during the 2008 season. The last time Ohio State hosted Cal was during the 1993 season.
Ohio State is set to host the 2022 Big Ten Championships next week on Saturday, March 19. The meet will be two sessions, with six teams competing in the morning and four teams, including the Buckeyes, competing in the evening. Tickets for the meet can be found HERE and the meet will be broadcast on the Big Ten Network.