No. 9 Ohio State at Rutgers and Maryland
Dates: Wednesday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 26
Venues: College Avenue Gym (New Brunswick, N.J.) and Xfinity Center Pavilion (College Park, Md.)
- at Rutgers (Nov. 24 at 7 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | B1G+
- at Maryland (Nov. 26 at 7 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | B1G+
Rosters: Ohio State | Rutgers | Maryland
Game Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State women’s volleyball team (23-5, 13-5 Big Ten) wraps up the regular season with a road trip to Rutgers and Maryland this week. The Buckeyes first face the Scarlet Knights on Wednesday at 7 p.m. before traveling to the Terps on Friday at 7 p.m. Both matches will be broadcast live on B1G+ (subscription required).
Last week, Ohio State wrapped up its regular-season home schedule with two wins inside the Covelli Center. The Buckeyes beat Iowa in four sets (25-15, 25-15, 22-25, 25-16) on Friday night on family night and No. 15 Penn State in four sets (25-23, 22-25, 25-11, 25-20) on Sunday afternoon on senior day.
- OSU was ranked ninth in Monday’s AVCA poll to extend its top-10 streak to 13-consecutive weeks, which is a program record.
- The win against No. 15 Penn State was the Buckeyes’ fifth ranked win of the season and fourth ranked win in Columbus.
- Junior libero Kylie Murr moved up to fifth in program history in career digs (1,351) against the Nittany Lions with 17 on the match as Hannah Gruensfelder led the team with a season-high 19 digs.
- Also against Penn State, Mac Podraza (49 assists, 14 digs) and Emily Londot (22 kills, 12 digs) each had a double-double while Rylee Rader tied her career-high 15 kills and Gabby Gonzales totaled 15 kills as well.
- Rutgers enters the match with an 8-21 overall record and a 0-18 record in Big Ten matches.
- The Scarlet Knights did not make their road trip to No. 9 Minnesota and No. 11 Nebraska last week out of abundance of caution for the health of the student-athletes (non COVID-19 related).
- Ohio State is 15-1 in the all-time series with Rutgers, including a sweep earlier this season (10/15).
- The Buckeyes are 7-0 when facing the Scarlet Knights in Piscataway.
- Maryland enters the week with a 19-11 overall record and a 7-11 Big Ten record.
- Last weekend, the Terps were on the road for a pair of matches, beating Northwestern in five sets before getting swept by No. 24 Illinois.
- Ohio State is 15-5 in the all-time series with Maryland, including a sweep at the beginning of October in Covelli.
- The Buckeyes are 4-3 when facing the Terps in College Park.
The NCAA Final Four will be held in Columbus at Nationwide Arena on Dec. 16 and 18. Visit HERE for more information.