No. 7 Ohio State vs. Michigan State and Michigan
Dates: Friday, October 8, 2021 and Sunday, October 10, 2021
Venues: Jenison Field House (East Lansing, Mich.) on Friday and The Covelli Center (Columbus, Ohio) on Sunday
- at Michigan State (Oct. 8 at 7 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | BTN+
- Michigan (Oct. 10 at 1 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | BTN+
Rosters: Ohio State | Michigan State | Michigan
Game Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State women’s volleyball team (12-2, 2-2 Big) is set to face two Michigan teams this weekend. The Buckeyes will first travel to Michigan State on Friday for a 7 p.m. ET match. OSU then hosts Michigan on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET. Both matches will be broadcast live on BTN+ (subscription required).
The Buckeyes welcome back and honor the program’s alumnae on Sunday with recognitions before the match and in between sets. There will be a meet and greet after the match with the Buckeyes.
Ohio State earned its second conference sweep against (RV) Maryland (25-21, 25-18, 25-19) on Saturday evening inside the Covelli Center.
- OSU was ranked seventh in Monday’s AVCA poll. This marks the sixth-consecutive week the Buckeyes have been ranked in the top 10.
- This is the fourth time in history that the Buckeyes have been ranked in the top 10 for at least six-consecutive weeks and the second time that at least three of those weeks have been spent in the top five.
- Junior setter Mac Podraza moved up a spot in the Ohio State record books against Maryland as she now ranks 12th in program history in career assists (1,983).
- Saturday’s match against the Terps marked the 10th time this season the Buckeyes have hit at least .300 and also the 10th time the OSU defense has limited the opponent to hitting less than .200.
- Michigan State enters the match with an 8-5 overall record and a 1-3 record in Big Ten play, although MSU played the first four conference matches on the road.
- The Spartans earned a sweep against Iowa last Friday before dropping a three-setter to 12th-ranked Nebraska (at the time). Michigan State opened Big Ten play with losses at Indiana (three sets) and Michigan (four sets).
- Ohio State leads the all-time series 49-34 against Michigan State. OSU won both matchups in the spring of 2021, earning the sweep on the road before taking a five-setter inside Covelli the next day. The Buckeyes and Spartans each have 20 wins when playing in East Lansing.
- Michigan enters the weekend with a 9-4 overall record and a 2-2 Big Ten record. The Wolverines are slated to host No. 8 Minnesota on Friday evening.
- The Wolverines were swept by No. 12 Nebraska last Friday before earning the sweep at Iowa on Saturday. Michigan opened conference play with a five-set loss to No. 9 Minnesota (at the time) and a four-set win against Michigan State.
- Ohio State leads the all-time series 52-29 against Michigan. OSU won both matchups during the spring 2021 season, winning in four sets and then earning a sweep. The Buckeyes are 27-10 when facing the Wolverines in Columbus.
Be sure to come cheer on Ohio State women’s volleyball inside the Covelli Center this season. Season tickets and single match tickets are available now through Ticketmaster.com.