No. 7 Ohio State vs. No. 6 Purdue and Rutgers
Dates: Friday, October 15, 2021 and Saturday, October 16, 2021
Venue: The Covelli Center (Columbus, Ohio)
- No. 6 Purdue (Oct. 15 at 8 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | BTN
- Rutgers (Oct. 16 at 7 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | B1G+
Rosters: Ohio State | Purdue | Rutgers
Game Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State women’s volleyball team (14-2, 4-2 Big) hosts No. 6 Purdue and Rutgers inside the Covelli Center this weekend. The Purdue match is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday and will be broadcast live on BTN (TV login required). The Rutgers match is slated for Saturday at 7 p.m. ET and will be broadcast live on B1G+ (subscription required).
The Buckeyes will hold their pink game on Friday to honor and remember those who’ve fought breast cancer. After Saturday’s match, fans have the opportunity to meet the team.
Ohio State earned back-to-back Big Ten sweeps last week, beating Michigan State (26-24, 28-26, 25-18) on the road and Michigan (25-22, 25-17, 25-15) at home.
- OSU was ranked seventh in Monday’s AVCA poll. This marks the seventh-consecutive week the Buckeyes have been ranked in the top 10.
- This is the fourth time in history that the Buckeyes have been ranked in the top 10 for at least seven-consecutive weeks and the second time that at least three of those weeks have been spent in the top five.
- Sunday’s sell-out crowd in Covelli marked the highest attendance the program has seen since moving into Covelli with 4,098 in attendance.
- Sophomore opposite hitter Emily Londot earned Co-Player of the Week honors from the Big Ten on Monday after averaging 4.50 kills per set last week.
- Junior setter Mac Podraza became the 12th player in program history to reach 2,000 career assists, surpassing the mark in last Friday’s match at Michigan State.
- Senior defensive specialist Hannah Gruensfelder moved up to fourth in career digs in Ohio State history as she now has 1,347.
- Junior libero Kylie Murr moved up to 13th in program history in career digs (1,150) as she passed Head Coach Jen Flynn Oldenburg’s career total on Sunday.
- 6 Purdue enters the weekend with a 13-2 overall record and a 5-1 Big Ten record as the Boilermakers are tied for second in the conference.
- Purdue holds wins over Ohio State, Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois and Iowa in Big Ten play with only Ohio State and Illinois going past three sets. The Boilermakers lone Big Ten loss was a five-setter against Illinois on Oct. 1.
- Ohio State is 44-49 in the all-time series against Purdue. The Boilermakers earned a five-set win (17-25, 25-19, 25-21, 22-25, 11-15) earlier this season in West Lafayette.
- The Buckeyes hold a 22-18 advantage when the teams meet in Columbus.
- Rutgers enters the weekend with an 8-9 overall record and a 0-6 record in Big Ten matches. The Scarlet Knights are one of two Big Ten teams without a conference win.
- Rutgers has fallen to Penn State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana and Nebraska in Big Ten play with all but the Indiana match being sweeps.
- Ohio State holds the 14-1 advantage in the all-time series against Rutgers. The Buckeyes earned two road wins during the spring season, winning in three sets and then five sets the next day.
- The Buckeyes are 5-0 when facing Rutgers in Columbus.
Be sure to come cheer on Ohio State women’s volleyball inside the Covelli Center this season. Season tickets and single match tickets are available now through Ticketmaster.com.