No. 6 Ohio State at No. 3 Wisconsin and No. 12 Minnesota
Dates: Friday, October 22, 2021 and Sunday, October 24, 2021
Venues: UW Field House (Madison, Wis.) on Friday and Maturi Pavilion (Minneapolis, Minn.) on Sunday
- at No. 3 Wisconsin (Oct. 22 at 9 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | BTN
- at No. 12 Minnesota (Oct. 24 at 5 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | ESPNU
Rosters: Ohio State | Minnesota | Wisconsin
Game Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State women’s volleyball team (16-2, 6-2 Big) is set to face two ranked teams on the road this weekend. The Buckeyes first travel to No. 3 Wisconsin on Friday for a 9 p.m. ET match broadcast live on BTN (TV login required). OSU then plays at No. 12 Minnesota on Sunday at 5 p.m. ET in a match broadcast on ESPNU (login required).
Last weekend, Ohio State earned two wins inside the Covelli Center. OSU began the weekend with a four-set win (25-23, 25-21, 19-25, 25-21) against No. 6 Purdue on Friday and concluded with a sweep (25-13, 25-20, 25-6) against Rutgers on Saturday.
- OSU was ranked sixth in Monday’s AVCA poll. This marks the eighth-consecutive week the Buckeyes have been ranked in the top 10.
- This is the fourth time in history that the Buckeyes have been ranked in the top 10 for at least eight-consecutive weeks and the second time that at least three of those weeks have been spent in the top five.
- Junior setter Mac Podraza was named Big Ten Setter of the Week on Monday while freshman middle blocker Arica Davis earned her third Big Ten Freshman of the Week nod of the season.
- 3 Wisconsin enters the match with a 15-1 overall record and a 7-1 conference record as the Badgers sit at second in the Big Ten. Wisconsin is on a seven-match win streak and is undefeated (8-0) on its home court.
- Last weekend, the Badgers swept both Michigan State (25-20, 25-10, 25-18) and Michigan (25-23, 25-15, 26-24) on the road. UW’s lone loss of the season came in its Big Ten opener at Maryland on Sept. 24 in five sets (23-25, 25-20, 18-25, 25-20, 10-15).
- Ohio State is 37-43 in the all-time series with the Badgers. The teams did not meet during the spring season with the most recent match belonging to the Buckeyes (3-1 home win on November 8, 2019).
- The Buckeyes hold a 17-22 record when playing in Madison.
- 12 Minnesota enters the weekend with an 11-5 overall record and a 6-2 mark in conference matches. The Gophers are 6-1 at home and will host No. 14 Penn State on Friday evening.
- Last weekend, Minnesota earned home sweeps against Northwestern (25-20, 25-10, 25-14) and Indiana (25-15, 25-16, 25-21). The Gophers’ conference losses include a sweep at No. 5 (at the time) Wisconsin on Oct. 1 and a five-set loss at Michigan (Oct. 8).
- Ohio State is 34-48 in the all-time series against Minnesota. The teams did not meet during the spring season, but the Gophers took both matches in 2019 – a five-setter in Minneapolis and a sweep in Columbus.
- The Buckeyes are 12-26 when playing the Gophers in Minneapolis.
Be sure to come cheer on Ohio State women’s volleyball inside the Covelli Center this season. Season tickets and single match tickets are available now through Ticketmaster.com.
The NCAA Final Four will be held in Columbus at Nationwide Arena on Dec. 16 and 18. Visit HERE for more information.