COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State women’s volleyball team (7-5, 3-1 B1G) is back at home this weekend for a pair of matches following five weeks on the road. The Buckeyes host No. 13 Penn State on Friday at 6:30 p.m. ET in a match broadcast live on BTN. OSU then hosts RV Northwestern on Sunday for a 1 p.m. ET match on B1G+.
Sunday’s match against Northwestern will be honoring the 50th anniversary of Title IX and celebrating girls and women in sports. Young girls will have the opportunity to shadow staff members in different areas to experience what working in sports looks like from behind the scenes. The Buckeyes will also honor female employees who are former student-athletes here at Ohio State. The afternoon will be capped with a meet and greet session on the east concourse following the match.
- Ohio State continues to be ranked in the top-10 this week, remaining at No. 6 in Monday’s poll.
- The Buckeyes enter the week with a 7-5 overall record and a 3-1 mark in Big Ten play following a four-set win (25-15, 25-13, 23-25, 25-21) on Saturday evening at Indiana. Friday will be the first home conference match for the Buckeyes.
- OSU opened conference play with a sweep (25-16, 25-8, 26-24) at Iowa and a five-set loss at No. 3 Nebraska (22-25, 26-24, 25-19, 20-25, 13-15).
- Ohio State bounced back with four-set wins at RV Michigan (25-22, 25-18, 17-25, 25-21) last week and at Indiana (25-15, 25-13, 23-25, 25-21) on Saturday.
- Seniors Kylie Murr and Mac Podraza both earned Big Ten weekly awards as Co-Defensive Player of the Week and Co-Setter of the Week, respectively.
- 13 Penn State enters the match with a 13-2 overall record and a 2-2 record in Big Ten matches. PSU is coming off a four-set win (25-17, 22-25, 25-22, 25-16) against Michigan State on Sunday.
- The Nittany Lions opened conference play with a sweep (25-17, 25-21, 25-23) against Indiana at home before being swept by RV Michigan (19-25, 17-25, 19-25) and No. 8 Wisconsin (20-25, 16-25, 29-31).
- Kashauna Williams (3.53) and Allie Holland (3.11) are leading the Nittany Lions’ offense in kills per set, while Maddy Bilinovic has 3.74 digs per set.
- Penn State leads 51-19 in the all-time series against Ohio State. The Buckeyes are 12-21 when facing the Nittany Lions in Columbus.
- The teams split their two meetings last season with each team winning at home. Penn State earned the sweep (25-19, 27-25, 25-21) in State College on Sept. 26 before Ohio State picked up the four-set win (25-23, 22-25, 25-11, 25-20) in Covelli on Nov. 21.
- RV Northwestern enters the week with a 12-4 overall record and a 1-3 record in Big Ten matches.
- The Wildcats earned their first road win against a top-10 opponent in program history on Sept. 28 at then No. 7 Minnesota in five sets (25-22, 21-25, 17-25, 25-20, 15-13). NW’s Big Ten losses are at then No. 6 Wisconsin, at Illinois and home against a Michigan team receiving votes last week.
- Northwestern has faced four other ranked opponents this season, beating No. 7 Minnesota and No. 24 Pepperdine but falling to No. 13 Washington and No. 6 Wisconsin.
- Ohio State leads 57-23 in the all-time series against Northwestern and has the 28-8 edge when playing the Wildcats in Columbus.
- The teams met only once last season, as the Buckeyes prevailed in four sets (21-25, 25-23, 25-19, 25-16) on the road on Nov. 13, 2021.
- Northwestern’s most recent win came in the meeting before last season’s as the Wildcats earned the sweep (16-25, 21-25, 25-27) in Columbus on Nov. 22, 2019.
Be sure to come cheer on Ohio State women’s volleyball inside the Covelli Center this fall. Season tickets, a four-match mini plan option and single-match tickets are available HERE. Applicable service fees will apply to all tickets. For group tickets and any questions, contact an account representative at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.