COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 5 Ohio State women’s volleyball team (19-5, 15-1 B1G) visits Maryland (14-14, 5-11 B1G) on Friday evening for a 7 p.m. match before hosting Indiana (13-15, 6-10 B1G) on Sunday for a 1 p.m. matinee. Both matches will be broadcast on B1G+.
Sunday’s match against Indiana is the Buckeye Inclusion match. Following the conclusion of the match, Ohio State will be hosting a meet and greet on the concourse.
- Ohio State moved up to fifth in this week’s AVCA poll.
- OSU earned a four-set win (31-29, 25-21, 26-28, 25-16) against No. 4 Nebraska on Sunday afternoon in front of a sold-out Covelli crowd on military appreciation day.
- Emily Londot became the first Buckeye since 2016 to be named GameChanger/AVCA Division I Player of the Week for her efforts. Londot was also named B1G Player of the Week, with Mac Podraza earning Setter of the Week honors and Kylie Murr earning B1G Defensive Player of the Week.
- Maryland enters the match with an even 14-14 overall record and a 5-11 mark in Big Ten play.
- The Terrapins were most recently swept (22-25, 15-25, 18-25) by No. 3 Wisconsin on Saturday.
- Maryland is 1-6 this season against ranked opponents, earning the sweep (25-22, 25-19, 25-23) of (then) No. 9 Purdue on Oct. 16 in College Park.
- The Terps have had the best blocking team in the conference this season, averaging 3.25 blocks/set.
- Ohio State leads 16-5 in the all-time series against Maryland and is 5-3 when facing the Terrapins in College Park.
- This is the first meeting of the season for the two teams.
- Last season, the Buckeyes earned sweeps in both meetings with the Terrapins, winning 25-21, 25-18, 25-19 at home in October and 25-19,25-23, 25-18) at the end of November.
- Indiana enters the weekend with a 13-15 overall record and is 6-10 in conference play.
- The Hoosiers were most recently swept (22-25, 9-25, 15-25) at No. 9 Minnesota on Sunday.
- Indiana is 1-10 against ranked opponents this season, earning the four-set win (21-25, 25-22, 25-19, 25-23) against (then) No. 25 Michigan on Oct. 21 in Ann Arbor.
- The Hoosiers’ offense is led by Mady Saris, who is averaging 3.62 kills/set this season. Paula Cerame leads the Indiana defense with 3.86 digs/set.
- Ohio State leads 54-26 in the all-time series with Indiana. OSU has the 31-7 advantage when facing the Hoosiers in Columbus.
- The Buckeyes beat Indiana in four sets (25-15, 25-13, 23-25, 21-25) on Oct. 1 in Bloomington earlier this season and have won the last three matches against the Hooisers.
Be sure to come cheer on Ohio State women’s volleyball inside the Covelli Center this fall. Single-match tickets are available HERE. Applicable service fees will apply to all tickets. For group tickets and any questions, contact an account representative at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or via email at email@example.com.