ADDITIONAL INFO: Results | Ohio State Roster | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 10 Ohio State women’s gymnastics team earned its third straight win with a 197.225-196.900 victory over No. 15 Iowa Sunday afternoon at the Covelli Center. The Buckeyes saw five student-athletes record scores of 9.900s or higher and won three individual and two team event titles on its way to the third-best overall score in program history.
- Ohio State opened the meet with a 49.150 on vault. Elexis Edwards and Payton Harris led the team with 9.850s to tie for third overall. Nicole Riccardi and Jenna Hlavach recorded the next best score for Ohio State, earning a 9.825 to tie for fifth.
- On uneven bars, the Buckeyes scored a season-high 49.400 to win the event title. Riccardi took first with a career-high 9.950. Colby Miller followed with a 9.925, her second 9.900 bars score in a row. Payton Harris earned a career-high 9.875 to take fourth overall.
- The Buckeyes’ beam team earned a season-best score of 49.225. Ella Hodges finished first overall with a season-best 9.925. Harris took fourth overall with a 9.875. Sydney Jennings recorded a season-best score of 9.850 while Hannah Oliveros also recorded her best score of the year with a 9.800.
- Ohio State closed out the meet with a strong performance on floor, earning a score of 49.450 for the event title. Edwards put on a near perfect routine, earning a career-high score of 9.975 for the event title. Also scoring a 9.900 was Harris, her second of her career on floor. In third for Ohio State, and finishing tied for fourth overall, was Tory Vetter with a career-high 9.875.
- Harris recorded a career-best 39.500 in the all-around for Ohio State.
- Sunday’s meet was the second time this season Ohio State earned scores of 49.000 or higher in all four rotations.
- Along with recording the third-highest score in program history on Sunday, the Buckeyes earned their highest score in the Covelli Center. The 197.225 bests the 197.100 scored last season against Cal and Pitt (March 12).
Vault: Edwards – 9.850; Harris – 9.850; Hlavach – 9.825; Riccardi – 9.825; Jennings – 9.800; Vetter – 9.775
Uneven Bars: Riccardi – 9.950; Miller – 9.925; Harris – 9.875; Edwards – 9.850; Pritchard – 9.800; Vetter – 9.725
Beam: Hodges – 9.925; Jennings – 9.850; Harris – 9.875; Oliveros – 9.800; Hankins – 9.775; Pritchard – 9.775
Floor: Edwards – 9.975; Harris – 9.900; Vetter – 9.875; Hodges – 9.850; Gagliardi – 9.850; Gonzalez – 9.775
The Buckeyes head to Ann Arbor to square off against No. 3 Michigan on Jan. 28. The meet will start at 4 p.m. at the Crisler Center and will be streamed on B1G+ ($).