2019-20 Schedule | 2019-20 Stats | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State women’s basketball team concludes the non-conference portion of its schedule this weekend with a trip to the west coast. The Buckeyes will take on No. 1 Stanford on Sunday evening before heading a couple hours north to face Sacramento State on Tuesday. The game vs. Stanford will be the third top-5 team the Buckeyes have faced so far this season.
- This is the fifth meeting overall with Stanford and the third in the last two years. The Buckeyes hold a 3-1 edge in the previous four meetings and have won the last two.
- Ohio State enters the weekend winners of its last two games and hold a 6-3 record overall. One of those wins came over No. 2 Louisville on Dec. 5.
- Stanford is a perfect 8-0 but hasn’t played since winning the Greater Victoria Invitational in Victoria, Canada on Nov. 30. The Cardinal knocked-off Cal Baptist, No. 18 Syracuse and No. 10 Mississippi State to win the event.
- To date, the Buckeyes are No. 13 in the RPI and own the No. 2 strength of schedule in the country.
- Sophomore Dorka Juhasz continues to lead the team in scoring and rebounding at 12.1 points and 8.0 rebounds per game. She is coming off a week where she averaged 18.0 ppg and shot over 72 percent.
- Freshman standout Kierstan Bell is second on the team at 11.0 ppg and leads the squad with 18 steals. She is the reigning Big Ten Freshman of the Week after helping the Buckeyes to wins over Louisville and Radford.
- Freshman post Rebeka Mikulasikova is shooting a team-best .563 from the floor and .533 from long range.
- Buckeye head coach Kevin McGuff is just two wins shy of 400 for his career.