COLUMBUS, Ohio – Friday, the Ohio State men’s and No. 25-ranked women’s cross country teams will run in the Loyola Lakefront Invitational at Montrose Harbor in Chicago.
The women will run a 6K, with the maroon division (seeded teams) at 2 p.m. ET and the gold division (open race) at 3:15 p.m. ET. The men will run an 8K, with the maroon division (seeded teams) at 2:35 p.m. ET and the gold division (open race) at 3:50 p.m. ET.
Live results will not be available. Results will be posted on TFRRS shortly after the conclusion of each race.
Other teams expected to compete in the maroon races are Loyola Chicago, Wisconsin, San Diego, Western Ontario, Northwestern, Saint Louis, Chicago State, UAB, Loyola New Orleans, St. Thomas, Windsor and DePaul.
This and That
- The women’s team has been in the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) poll at No. 25 the last two weeks after receiving votes in the preseason and week one polls. In the Great Lakes Region, the women are No. 4, behind Notre Dame, Michigan State and Michigan. The men are 13th in the region.
- The Buckeyes are racing in back-to-back weeks. Last Friday, the squads ran at the Roy Griak Invitational in Minnesota, where the women placed fifth as a team. Three Buckeyes – Addie Engel (2nd), Daniella Santos (7th) and Andrea Kuhn (10th) – finished in the Top 10 for the women. Nathaniel Tamminga was first among the Ohio State men.
- Engel was named Big Ten Athlete of the Week for the second time this season and third time in her career for her performance at the Roy Griak Invitational. She also earned USTFCCCA National Athlete of the Week accolades earlier this fall, the first Buckeye to receive the honor in cross country season.
- Engel, Santos and Kuhn have all finished in the Top 10 in each of the first three races.
- Sean Carney and Ivan Slyepkan have been among the Buckeyes’ Top 3 finishers for the men in the first three races this season.
The Schedule Ahead
- After a week off, the Buckeyes will close the regular season race at the Arturo Barrios Invitational in College Station, Texas, Oct. 15.
- Michigan will host the Big Ten Championships Oct. 28 in Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Terre Haute, Ind., will be the site of the 2022 NCAA Great Lakes Regional Championships Nov. 11 and the NCAA Championships will be held in Stillwater, Okla., Nov. 19.