#21/22 Ohio State vs. Towson
Date: December 8, 2021
Time: 9:00 p.m.
Venue: Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Listen: Ohio State Radio Network from Learfield
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Towson
Rosters: Ohio State | Towson
Season Stats: Ohio State | Towson
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State returns home to take on a talented Towson squad on Wednesday at Value City Arena at the Schottenstein Center. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. and Mike Corey and Mark Adams will call the action on ESPNU. Both teams are coming off wins earlier this week and both have six wins on the season.
- This will be the third all-time meeting between the two programs. The Buckeyes won the first meeting in the opening round of the 1991 NCAA Tournament in Dayton, Ohio, and then won the 2004-05 season-opener at Value City Arena.
- The Buckeyes opened Big Ten play on Sunday with a solid 76-64 victory on the road at Penn State to improve to 6-2 on the year.
- Ohio State has re-entered the rankings this week at No. 21 in the AP poll and No. 22 in the coaches poll. The Buckeyes opened the season ranked No. 17 in both polls.
- Towson (6-3) is on a two-game Ohio swing as the Tigers won 73-58 on Monday night at Kent State. Nicolas Timberlake led the Tigers with 22 points and nine rebounds. He is one of three players averaging in double-figures at 13.6 ppg. Cameron Holden paces the team at 16.0 ppg and 10.4 rpg.
- J. Liddell has been in double-figures in every game and has posted four 20-point games this season. He leads the team and is third in the conference in scoring at 20.4 points per game. Liddell is also in the Top 10 in the country in free throws attempted with 60 entering the week.
- Jamari Wheeler has 33 assists and just 10 turnovers on the season for a 3.30 assist-to-turnover ratio, which is third-best in the conference
- The Buckeyes are fourth in the conference in three-pointers per game at 8.8 and are second in three-point percentage, connecting on almost 39 percent from long range.
- Justin Ahrens leads the team with 19 makes from long range and he has made multiple threes in all but one game this season. In fact, the Buckeyes are 20-3 when Ahrens makes three or more three-pointers in a game
- Kyle Young worked hard on his three-pointing in the offseason, and it has shown thus far. He was a career-best 4-of-4 from long range in the win over Penn State last Sunday and led the team with 16 points. Young is shooting over 46 percent from beyond the arc so far this season.