#16 Ohio State at Nebraska
Date: October 8, 2022
Time: 2:05 p.m.
Venue: Lincoln, Neb. – Barbara Hibner Field
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Nebraska
Rosters: Ohio State | Nebraska
Season Stats: Ohio State | Nebraska
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Coming off its most thrilling win of the season, No. 16 Ohio State will look to continue the momentum this Saturday when it travels to Lincoln to take on Nebraska. Kickoff is set for 2:05 p.m. ET and the match will be streamed on BTN+.
- This will be just the 11th all-time meeting between the two programs and the all-time series is even at 4-4-2. This will be the first meeting since 2018 when the teams drew in a pair of matches, once in the regular season and once in the Big Ten Tournament.
- The Buckeyes are 2-2-0 all-time in Lincoln, with wins coming in 2012 and 2017.
- The win over No. 6 Penn State last Sunday was the 10th win over a Top 10 team in program history. It was the first since winning at No. 5 Florida on Aug. 24, 2018. The Buckeyes have now beaten Penn State in back-to-back years for the first time.
- The Buckeyes found themselves at No. 10 in the first RPI of the season on Sept. 19. This week, the Buckeyes check in at No. 15 which is third behind No. 10 Rutgers and No. 14 Penn State.
- Ohio State also jumped back into the United Soccer Coaches Top 25 this week after being out the last two weeks. The Buckeyes are No. 16, their highest rankings since being No. 14 prior to the 2017 NCAA Tournament.
- Nebraska is 5-4-4 on the season but just completed a three-match road streak which saw the Huskers go 2-0-1. That included a 1-0 win at Michigan and a 2-0 win at Indiana. Nebraska is third in the conference, attempting over 16 shots per game.
- Kayla Fischer has scored a goal in each of the last two games. She was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week last week.
- Talani Barnett has led the Buckeye defense to four consecutive shutouts and has been named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week for the second time in the last month.