16/16 Ohio State at Illinois
Date: Jan. 7, 2021
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Venue: Champaign, Ill. – State Farm Center
Watch: Big Ten Network
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Game Notes: Ohio State | Illinois
COLUMBUS, Ohio – No. 16 Ohio State will take its undefeated record on the road for the first time this season when the Buckeyes head to Illinois on Thursday evening for a clash with the Fighting Illini. The Buckeyes are 5-0 and opened Big Ten play with a solid 82-69 victory over Penn State on Monday. Illinois is 2-4 and is coming off its third Big Ten loss of the season, a 107-68 setback, on Sunday against Iowa.
- Ohio State and Illinois are meeting for the 74th time on Thursday evening.
- The Buckeyes have won seven consecutive in the series and hold a 53-20 all-time edge.
- Thursday night’s game will be the first road game of the season for the Buckeyes who have opened the year with five home victories.
- Illinois enters the game at 2-4 overall and has dropped all three of its Big Ten games.
- Ohio State returned to the court after a 24-day break due to COVID protocols and picked-up right where it left off with a solid 82-69 victory over Penn State on Monday night.
- Missing two post players, including leading scorer and rebounder Dorka Juhasz on Monday, who knew the shortest player on the roster would step up? Madison Greene led the team with 24 points, a career-high 10 rebounds and five assists. It was her first career double-double.
- Graduate transfer Tanaya Beacham made her first start as a Buckeye in Juhasz’s absence and filled in admirably. She had eight points, seven rebounds, two steals and a block in 32 minutes.
- Sophomore Jacy Sheldon has scored in double figures in her last 11 games dating back to last season. She has three 20-point games this year and tops the team at 18.0 ppg.
- The Buckeyes are third in the country in both points per game (93.4) and shooting percentage (53.2).
- The Buckeye are also 20th in the country assists per game at 17.8 and are eight in turnovers at just 11.0.