2022 Mason Rudolph Championships
Dates: Sept. 23-25, 2022
Course: Vanderbilt Legends Club – North Course
Par/Yardage: Par 72 – 6,449 Yards
Format: Play 5, Count 4
Tee Times: 18 holes each day – Tee times begin at 8:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday and at 8:00 a.m. Sunday
Teams: Vanderbilt, Alabama, Arizona, Auburn, Chattanooga, Denver, Georgia, Georgia Southern, Kentucky, LSU, Middle Tennessee, Mississippi, Ohio State, Washington
COLUMBUS, Ohio— After a win in their first event of the fall season, the Buckeyes head to Nashville to compete in the Mason Rudolph, hosted by Vanderbilt, Sept. 23-25.
- The Buckeyes’ lineup for the tournament will be Lauren Peter, Aneka Seumanutafa, Caley McGinty, Kary Hollenbaugh and Jillian Bourdage. Bourdage has been selected by her teammates to carry the Folds of Honor bag this week.
- Ohio State placed first at the Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational, hosted by New Mexico, last week. The Buckeyes shot the fourth-lowest 54-hole score in program history, finishing the tournament with a team score of 853 (-11).
- Peter earned the best finish of her career, tying for fourth place. She shot 213 (-3) over three rounds and tied her career-low of 70 (-2) in the second round.
- Seumanutafa and McGinty, who is currently ranked eighth in the world in the World Amateur Golf Rankings (WAGR), tied for sixth place, both carding a total score of 214 (-2).
- Hollenbaugh tied for ninth, shooting 215 (-1) over 54 holes in her collegiate debut.
- Bourdage tied for 23rd place with a three-round score of 219 (+3). She shot a career-best 70 (-2) in the first round of play.
- Ohio State is participating in the Folds of Honor Military Tribute Program for the second season. Folds of Honor honors military heroes lost or wounded in action. This season, the Buckeyes will honor Army Maj. Michael J. Donahue. Each week, a member of the OSU team will carry a bag bearing his name that will be auctioned off at the end of the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program.
- Next up for the Buckeyes is the Barbara Nicklaus Cup Oct. 3-4, which they will host at Muirfield Village Golf Course in Dublin, Ohio. The other teams competing are Colorado, Furman, Maryland, Notre Dame, TCU, Tulsa, and Wisconsin.